MEQUON, Wis. - Isaiah Gronholz (Watertown, Wis./Lakeside Lutheran) gave the Wisconsin Lutheran College men's soccer team a 1-0 lead in the 62nd minute but Concordia Wisconsin answered right back in the 66th to knot the score at 1-1 and it stayed that way through two overtimes Tuesday afternoon at Fitting Field.
WHERE THEY STAND
- The Warriors played to their first tie of the season as their record now stands at 8-7-1 overall and 2-4-1 in the NACC. The Falcons moved to 5-10-2 overall and 3-4-1 in conference play.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Gronholz gave the Warriors a 1-0 lead in the 62nd minute on a breakaway goal that was assisted by Austin Drake (East Troy, Wis./East Troy).
- Just over four minutes later, the Falcons' Diego Campos knotted the score at 1-1 off a successful penalty kick.
- The contest remained deadlocked a 1-1 the rest of regulation and through two 10-minute overtime periods.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- CUW outshot WLC 23-16, but the Warriors held the advantage in shots on target 7-6. Wisconsin Lutheran held a 7-2 lead in shots during both overtime periods, but couldn't secure the game-winner.
- Drake led the Warriors' attack with five shots, while Keegan Van Dusseldorp led the Falcons with eight.
- Cedric Guichard (Plantation, Fla./American Heritage) made five saves, while his counterpart Eric Vogel stopped six.
- Drake's assist was his 10th of the season, good for second in the NACC.
- Gronholz's netter was the first of his collegiate career.
- The referee called 39 fouls and issued six yellow cards and one red card between both sides in the physical match.
- The Warriors continue their busiest week of the season with a matinee matchup at Edgewood (7-6-1, 3-3-0 NACC) Thursday. Match time is scheduled for 12:30 p.m. at Reddan Soccer Park in Verona. Live stats will be available at wlcsports.com.