MILWAUKEE - Nate Wasser (Lake Geneva, Wis./Shoreland Lutheran) registered a hat trick and dished out two assists to propel the Wisconsin Lutheran men's soccer team to a 6-1 victory over Concordia Chicago Saturday afternoon at Warrior Soccer Field.
WHERE THEY STAND
- The Warriors improved to 8-7-0 overall and 2-4-0 in the NACC, while the Cougars dropped to 6-6-2 with a 3-4-0 NACC mark.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Wasser opened the scoring in the 41st minute, assisted by Isaiah Gronholz (Watertown, Wis./Lakeside Lutheran).
- CUC's Fabian Robles tied the match with an unassisted goal early in the second half, his second goal of the season.
- Wasser responded less than seven minutes later, finding the back of the net off of Austin Drake's (East Troy, Wis./East Troy) assist for the game-winning goal. The junior completed the hat trick on an unassisted goal in the 75th minute.
- Teffie Joyce (Green Bay, Wis./Fox Valley Lutheran) struck off of an assist from Wasser less than a minute later to push the lead to 4-1.
- Drake posted his eighth goal of the season in the 79th minute, assisted by Wasser.
- Joyce added his second goal of the game and third of the season, assisted by Drake in the 82nd minute to cap the scoring.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- WLC's final four goals were scored within 7:02 of each other.
- Wasser pushed his team-leading total to 12 goals, which ranks second in the NACC.
- The Warriors held a 23-12 advantage in the shot count. Drake led the Warriors with six shots and Wasser attempted five. Brendan Mullane tried five shots for the Cougars.
- Cedric Guichard (Plantation, Fla./American Heritage) made two saves for WLC and Jorge Guzman stopped six shots for CUC.
- WLC travels to Mequon to face NACC rival Concordia Wisconsin (5-10-1, 3-4-0 NACC) Tuesday at 3:30 p.m.