RIVER FOREST, Ill. - Second-place Dominican handed the Wisconsin Lutheran College men's soccer team its third straight loss as the host Stars defeated the visiting Warriors 3-0 Tuesday afternoon at West Campus Field.
WHERE THEY STAND
- The Warriors dropped to 7-7-0 overall and 1-4-0 in the NACC, while the Stars improved to 7-4-2 and a 5-1-0 mark in NACC play.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- In the 30th minute, Stars' midfielder Eli Sherman scored his third goal of the season off of a rebound that was assisted by Ryan Ybarra.
- Nine minutes later, DU's Carmelo Abate cashed in on an assist from Gabriel Garcia to take a 2-0 lead into the half.
- Dominican capped the scoring in the 70th minute on a goal by Frankie Saiz that was assisted by Ybarra and Jonathan Arzeta.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- The Warriors were outshot by the Stars in the match 23-6. All six of WLC's shot attempts came in the second half.
- Six different Warriors each took a shot in the game. Sherman and Saiz took a team-high four shots for the Stars.
- The two teams combined for a total of 35 fouls, including 27 in the second half. A total of five yellow cards were issued between the two sides, all of them coming in the second half.
- Cedric Guichard (Plantation, Fla./American Heritage) tied a season-high with seven saves on 10 chances.
- Zach Watson and Gabriel Gongora combined for the shutout, with Gongora making the only save for the Stars in the second half.
- The Warriors have off until next week Wednesday when they travel to Edgewood (6-5-1, 3-2-0 NACC) for a 7 p.m. kickoff at Warner Park in Madison. Live stats will be available at wlcsports.com.