MILWAUKEE - Marian's Alonso Fragoso scored what proved to be the game-winning goal in the 13th minute, and Austin Drake (East Troy, Wis./East Troy) and Fragoso were each sent off just minutes later as the Wisconsin Lutheran College men's soccer team fell 2-0 in a Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference match Wednesday night at Warrior Soccer Field.
WHERE THEY STAND
- The Warriors dropped to 7-5-0 overall and 1-2-0 in the NACC, while the Sabres improved to 4-6-0 and 1-3-0 in NACC play.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Fragoso curled in a free kick from 20 yards out to hand the Sabres a 1-0 lead in the 13th minute.
- Just over five minutes later, Drake and Fragoso were each given red cards, forcing the teams to play 10-on-10 for the final 71 minutes of the match.
- Three yellow cards were doled out during the remainder of the first half, as each team was booked for a pair of yellow cards during the first half. The teams combined for 27 fouls, including 21 in the first half.
- WLC dominated the shot count 20-7, but was unable to find the back of the net.
- Mohamud Abshir capped off the victory in the 90th minute, slipping past Warriors' goalkeeper Cedric Guichard (Plantation, Fla./American Heritage) and finishing from close range.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- Nate Wasser (Lake Geneva, Wis./Shoreland Lutheran) fired a match-high five shots for WLC, including three on goal. Mavric Otterstatter (Fond du Lac, Wis./Winnebago Lutheran) attempted four shots.
- Jeroham Duran led Marian with two shot attempts.
- Bryce Woldt made eight saves for the Sabres, while Guichard stopped three shots for the Warriors.
- Wisconsin Lutheran hosts MSOE (8-3, 3-0 NACC) Saturday at 3:30 p.m. at Warrior Soccer Field.