RIPON, Wis. - Nate Wasser (Lake Geneva, Wis./Shoreland Lutheran) and Austin Drake (East Troy, Wis./East Troy) each scored during the final 11 minutes of the game to break a scoreless tie and send the Wisconsin Lutheran College men's soccer team to a 2-0 non-conference win over Ripon Sunday afternoon at Prairie Field.
WHERE THEY STAND
- The Warriors improved to 5-2-0 overall after winning their fourth straight game. The Red Hawks dropped their third straight game and fell to 1-4-1 overall.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Wasser broke the scoreless tie in the 80th minute with an unassisted game-winning goal for his sixth of the season.
- Drake added some insurance in the 87th minute off an assist from Teffie Joyce (Green Bay, Wis./Fox Valley Lutheran) for his fourth tally of the year.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- The Warriors dominated the shot count, 25-6, including a 12-2 advantage in shots on target.
- Cedric Guichard (Plantation, Fla./American Heritage) saved the only two shots he faced in net for WLC.
- Ripon goalkeeper Cody Messerschmidt made 10 saves.
- Drake led all players with eight shots in the contest.
- The assist from Joyce was his first of the season.
- WLC has outscored Ripon 6-0 over its last two meetings
- The Warriors face Maranatha (1-2-0) Tuesday at 4 p.m. in Watertown. Live video will be available for the match at wlcsports.com.