MANKATO, Minn. - Jake Semmann (Grafton, Wis./Kettle Moraine Lutheran) supplied two goals and two assists and Austin Drake scored two goals and added one assist to account for all of the Wisconsin Lutheran College soccer team's scoring in a 4-1 non-conference victory over Bethany Lutheran Sunday at BLC Soccer Field.
WHERE THEY STAND
- The Warriors improved to 3-2-0 overall, while the Vikings dropped to 0-4.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Drake scored off of Semmann's assist in the 29th minute to put the Warriors in front 1-0.
- Drake returned the favor in the 50th minute, feeding a pass to Semmann, who finished with a header.
- Adam Kluball scored an unassisted goal for the Vikings in the 54th minute.
- Just over two minutes later, Drake found the back of the net for the second time on an assist from Semmann.
- Semmann struck for the second time in the 86th minute to cap the scoring, assisted by Nate Wasser (Lake Geneva, Wis./Shoreland Lutheran).
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- Semmann has two goals in each of WLC's last two games, and now has a team-high five goals to go along with two assists. He led the Warriors with five shots in the game.
- Drake is tied for second on the team with three goals and leads the team with four assists.
- WLC controlled the shot count 18-9.
- The contest featured 25 combined fouls and six yellow cards, with each team receiving three cautions.
- Cedric Guichard (Plantation, Fla./American Heritage) made three saves for the Warriors. Matt Bitter recorded two stops for the Vikings.
- The Warriors host Illinois Tech (3-0-1) Wednesday night at 7 p.m. at Warrior Field.