ST. BONIFACIUS, Minn. - Jake Semmann (Grafton, Wis./Kettle Moraine Lutheran) scored two goals and four other Warriors found the back of the net as the Wisconsin Lutheran College men's soccer team routed Crown 6-2 Friday night at KleinBank Stadium.
WHERE THEY STAND
- The Warriors improved to 2-2-0 overall, while the Storm suffered their first loss of the season and fell to 2-1-0.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Mavric Otterstatter (Fond du Lac, Wis./Winnebago Lutheran) opened the scoring for WLC in the sixth minute with an unassisted score.
- Semmann gave the Forest Green and White a 2-0 advantage after he headed in a cross from Austin Drake (East Troy, Wis./East Troy) at the 24:56 mark.
- WLC added a third and final tally to its first half total in the 42nd minute when Josh Higginson (Lyons, Wis./Burlington) scored from nine yards away after a long cross from Jimmy Pierson (Brown Deer, Wis./Brown Deer).
- Semmann added his second goal of the match just three minutes into the second half that was assisted by Reed Luengen (Slinger, Wis./Slinger).
- Nate Wasser (Lake Geneva, Wis./Shoreland Lutheran) and Brad Mallmann (Plymouth, Wis./Plymouth) netted the Warriors' final two scores of the night in the 55th and 61 minute, respectively, for a commanding 6-0 lead.
- Crown tallied two late unassisted goals in the 88th and 89th minute to avoid the shutout.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- The Warriors dominated the shot chart with a 34-13 advantage, including 14 shots on goal.
- Sixteen players were credited with at least one shot in the game for WLC. Drake paved the way with six shots.
- Cedric Guichard (Plantation, Fla./American Heritage) made three saves in the game for Wisconsin Lutheran.
- The 34 shots attempted tie for fifth in program history.
- With his third assist of the season, Drake increased his career school record assist total to 20.
- The multi-goal game gave Semmann 24 for his career, good for second in program history.
- The Storm were paced by Truman Shetler's four shots and one goal.
- WLC continues its weekend trip in Minnesota with a Sunday matinee match against Bethany Lutheran (0-3-0).