OSHKOSH, Wis. - Nick Woodbury scored two of UW-Oshkosh's three goals as the Titans defeated the Wisconsin Lutheran College men's soccer team 3-0 Wednesday night at J.J. Keller Field at Titan Stadium.
WHERE THEY STAND
- The Warriors fell to 1-2 and the Titans improved to 3-0 after the non-conference match.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- JT Heidvogel opened the scoring with an unassisted goal in the 37th minute.
- Woodbury found the back of the net for the first time in the 44th minute on a 15-yard lob, assisted by John Schwalbach.
- Woodbury nailed a 35-yard strike from the middle of the field in the 77th minute.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- WLC was outshot 18-2 overall, including 12-1 in the second half.
- The Warriors were held to just one shot on goal. Teffie Joyce (Green Bay, Wis./Fox Valley Lutheran) and Austin Drake (East Troy, Wis./East Troy) attempted the only two shots for the Warriors.
- Heidvogel and Schwalbach led the Titans with three shots apiece.
- Cedric Guichard (Plantation, Fla./American Heritage) made seven saves for WLC.
- UW-Oshkosh, an NCAA Tournament qualifier last season, hasn't allowed a goal in three games this season, outscoring its opponents 7-0.
- Wisconsin Lutheran travels to play Crown (2-0) Friday at 5 p.m.