Sep 26, 2019
OAK BROOK, Ill. (WLCSports.com) - The Wisconsin Lutheran College men's golf team participated in the Gavin Lux Fall Invite hosted by Elmhurst Thursday at Oak Brook Golf Club. The Warriors finished 13th with a one-round score of 358.
- Tournament: Gavin Lux Fall Invite
- Location: Oak Brook Golf Club, Oak Brook, Ill.
- Course Info: Par 72, 6,541 yards
- WLC Team: 13th of 13 (+70)
- Top WLC Individual: Theo Schmenk (+11), T-41st of 78
- Freshman Theo Schmenk (River Falls, Wis.) led the Warriors with an 83 on the par 72 course to finish tied for 41st in the 78-player field.
- Sophomore Trey Gnewikow (Warrens, Wis.) posted WLC's second lowest score of the day with an 87.
- Sophomore Mason Herkstroeter (Fond du Lac, Wis.) recorded a 91 and sophomore Collin Duffy (Sister Bay, Wis.) rounded out the team's top four scorers with a career-low 97. Freshman Hans Schultz (Ladysmith, Wis.) finished with a 101.
- Aurora won the 13-team tournament with a 2-under 286 to win by six shots over runner-up Loras. AU's Scott Boyajian fired a 4-under 68 to earn medalist honors by just one stroke.
- Wisconsin Lutheran plays its final tournament before the first two rounds of the NACC Championship Sunday and Monday at the MSOE Invitational. Tee time Sunday is set for 1:15 p.m. at Grand Geneva Resort in Lake Geneva.