Sep 08, 2019
WEST DUNDEE, Ill. (WLCSports.com) – Each Wisconsin Lutheran College men's golfer improved on the second day of the Tim Kopka Memorial Tournament, as the Warriors finished tied for ninth out of the 20-team field.
- Tournament: Tim Kopka Memorial Tournament
- Location: Randall Oaks Golf Club, West Dundee, Ill.
- Course Info: Par 71, 6,599 yards
- WLC Team: T-9th of 20 (+39)
- Top WLC Individual: Grant Hammer, Joey Ploch (+9) T-31st of 104
- Sophomore Grant Hammer (Germantown Hills, Ill.) shot a round two card of 73 and sophomore Joey Ploch (Oconomowoc, Wis.) posted a round two score of 75 to finish with scores of 151 (+9) and pace the Warriors.
- Junior Johnny Kositzky Jr. (Escanaba, Mich.) finished one stroke behind Hammer and Ploch with a 152 (+10) to finish tied for 40th.
- Junior Quinn Schultz (Chaseburg, Wis.) shot a day two score of 74 to finish with a final score of 155 (+13).
- Sophomore James Michaelson (Crystal Lake, Ill.) rounded out the WLC lineup with rounds of 79 and 77.
- The Warriors' second round 295 was their third-lowest round relative to par in program history.
- Illinois Wesleyan topped the 20-team field by posting a score of 558 (-10). The Titans finished with four top-10 finishers, including medalist winner Rob Wuethrich, and finished 22 shots ahead of second-place Webster.
- The Warriors return to the course Friday, September 13 for the Midwest Region Fall Classic at Eagle Ridge Resort in Galena, Illinois. Tee-time Friday is scheduled for 8:30 a.m.