WEST DUNDEE, Ill. (WLCSports.com) – Johnny Kositzky Jr. (Escanaba, Mich.) shot an opening-round 78 and finished tied for 29th overall to lead the Wisconsin Lutheran College men's golf team to a 10th-place tie at the 32-team Midwest Region Fall Classic Friday and Saturday at the Eagle Ridge Resort.
- Tournament: Midwest Region Fall Classic
- Location: Eagle Ridge Resort, Galena, Ill.
- Course Info: Par 72, 6,684 Yards
- WLC Team: T-10th of 32 (+59)
- Top WLC Individual: Johnny Kositzky Jr. (+15), T-29th of 176
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Kositzky Jr. placed tied for 29th in the crowded field and was the lowest scorer for the Warriors, carding rounds of 78 and 79 for a 157.
- Damon Gnewikow (Warrens, Wis.) shot rounds of 81 and 78, tying for 44th overall.
- Derick Disch (Greenfield, Wis.) and Stephen Bukielski (Schaumburg, Ill.) each finished tied for 62nd overall (+19).
- Ben Landvatter (Watertown, Wis.) carded a 165 (+23), rounding out the scoring for the Warriors.
- Quinn Schultz (Chaseburg, Wis.) competed as an individual and shot rounds of 84 and 82 (+24), earning a tie for 82nd overall.
- Wisconsin Lutheran totaled team rounds of 318 and 317 for a two-day 635 for a tie with Luther. The Warriors finished ahead of six other NACC teams at the event.
FOR THE FOES
- Carthage topped the 32-team field with a team score of 600 (300-300), defeating UW-Superior by nine strokes. Carthage's Jordan Knutson earned medalist honors in the 176-player field with one-under 141.
- Wisconsin Lutheran is back on the course Saturday and Sunday for its WLC Fall Invitational at Washington County Golf Course. The tournament is set to start at 1:30 p.m. Saturday in Hartford.