WEST DUNDEE, Ill. (WLCSports.com) – Stephen Bukielski (Schaumburg, Ill.) shot an opening-round 71 and finished seventh overall to lead the Wisconsin Lutheran College men's golf team to a sixth-place finish at the 21-team Tim Kopka Memorial Tournament hosted by Carthage at Randall Oaks Golf Club.
- Tournament: Carthage Tim Kopka Memorial Tournament
- Location: Randall Oaks Golf Club, West Dundee, Ill.
- Course Info: Par 71, 6,599
- WLC Team: 6th of 21 (+51)
- Top WLC Individual: Stephen Bukielski (+5), 7th of 107
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Bukielski placed seventh overall and was the clubhouse leader for the Warriors, carding rounds of 71 and 76 for a 147. He finished five shots off the lead.
- Ben Landvatter (Watertown, Wis.) tied a career-low with a 75 during Friday's opening round and added an 81 Saturday for 31st overall.
- Damon Gnewikow (Warrens, Wis.) fired identical rounds of 79 for a 158 (+16) for the Warriors, tying for 45th.
- Derick Disch (Greenfield, Wis.) and Quinn Schultz (Chaseburg, Wis.) each finished tied for 51st overall with a 159 (+17).
- Johnny Kositzky Jr. (Escanaba, Mich.) competed as an individual and totaled rounds of 77 and 85 (+20), earning a tie for 62nd.
- Wisconsin Lutheran's opening round 303 was its lowest round relative to par since April 15, 2017.
FOR THE FOES
- Illinois Wesleyan topped the 21-team field with a team score of 575 (283-292), running away with the title by 30 strokes from runner-up Carthage. The Titans' Ben Johnson earned medalist honors in the 107-player field after shooting even-par both rounds for a 142.
- Wisconsin Lutheran is back on the links Friday and Saturday for the Midwest Region Fall Classic at Eagle Ridge Resort & Spa in Galena, Illinois. The tournament tees off at 8:30 a.m. each day.