BRISTOL, Ill. (WLCSports.com) - Johnny Kositzky Jr. (Escanaba, Mich.) and James Michaelson (Crystal Lake, Ill.) each shot a two-round 156 to lead the Wisconsin Lutheran College men's golf team at the Aurora Double Gun Tuesday at Blackberry Oaks Golf Course. The Warriors finished 12th out of 17 teams at the one-day, 36-hole tournament with a two-round 635 (323-312).
- Tournament: Aurora Double Gun
- Location: Blackberry Oaks Golf Course, Bristol, Ill.
- Course Info: Par 72, 6,626
- WLC Team: 12th of 17 (+59)
- Top WLC Individual: Johnny Kositzky Jr./James Michaelson (+12), T-43rd of 88
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Kositzky Jr. and Michaelson tied for the top team honors by shooting a two-round 156. Kositzky fired rounds of 79 and 77, while Michaelson lowered his score by eight strokes from round one to card of team-low 74 in round two.
- Trey Gnewikow (Warrens, Wis.) was just two shots behind the Warriors' leaders with a 158 (77-81). Gnewikow fired an ace on the par-3, 191-yard eighth hole for just the second hole-in-one in program history.
- Grant Hammer (Germantown Hills, Ill.) capped the scoring for Wisconsin Lutheran with a 165 (85-80).
FOR THE FOES
- Host Aurora came from nine shots back after the first round to fire a tournament-low 278 in round two and win the 17-team event by five shots over runner-up Hope. AU's John Torres earned medalist honors after winning on a scorecard playoff and shooting -5 (71-68).
- Wisconsin Lutheran is back on the links Friday and Saturday for the Carthage Tim Kopka Memorial Tournament at Randall Oaks Golf Club in West Dundee, Illinois. Tee time for both rounds is scheduled for 1:00 p.m.