HARTFORD, Wis. (WLCSports.com) – The Wisconsin Lutheran College men's golf team registered a fifth-place finish at the 13-team WLC Spring Invitational Saturday afternoon at Washington County Golf Course. The Warriors were led by Tim Pridemore (Hartford, Wis.) and Damon Gnewikow (Warrens, Wis.), who both fired rounds of 76 (+4), narrowly missing out on top 10 finishes in the 71-player tournament field.
- Tournament: WLC Spring Invitational
- Location: Washington County Golf Course, Hartford, Wis.
- Course Info: Par 72, 6,635 yards
- WLC Team: 5th of 13 (+23)
- Top WLC Individual: Damon Gnewikow/Tim Pridemore, (+4), T-12th of 71
INSIDE THE SCORECARD
- After carding a 41 on the front nine, Pridemore registered a 35 on the back-nine, good for two-under par. Pridemore's 76 is his third-lowest performance of the season. Saturday marked a team-high 12 rounds that Pridemore registered a single round in the 70's.
- Gnewikow shot a 39 on the front nine and an even-par back nine of 37. Gnewikow's 76 ranks third-best this season, including his ninth time shooting in the 70's.
- Derick Disch (Greenfield, Wis.) carded a round of 79 (+7), good for tying for a 29th-place finish. It was his third straight round shooting 79.
- Johnny Kositzky Jr. (Escanaba, Mich.) turned in a round of 80 (+8), tying for a 36th-place finish.
- Ben Landvatter (Watertown, Wis.) rounded out the Warriors team scoring with a, 81 (+9).
- Quinn Schultz (Chaseburg, Wis.) registered an 83 (+11) competing as an individual.
- Wisconsin Lutheran's team score of +23 ranks second relative to par this season, while its 311 is the third-lowest round of the year.
- T-12. Damon Gnewikow, 76 (+4)
- T-12. Tim Pridemore, 76 (+4)
- T-29. Derick Disch, 79 (+7)
- T-36. Johnny Kositzky Jr., 80 (+8)
- T-42. Ben Landvatter, 81 (+9)
- T-50. Quinn Schultz, 83 (+11)
FOR THE FOES
- Carthage's "B" team won the 13-team tournament, firing a team score of 295 (+7), besting the Carthage "A" team by four strokes.
- Reid Anderson of the Carthage B team earned medalist honors after firing a 71 (-1). Sam Schlosser of Concordia Wisconsin also registered a 71, but Anderson earned the tiebreaker after shooting a lower score throughout the final nine holes of competition.
- The Warriors round out their spring season Sunday when they compete in the Forester Spring Invite at Thunderhawk Golf Club in Beach Park, Ill. First tee time is scheduled for 11:00 a.m.