AURORA, Ill. (WLCSports.com) – The Wisconsin Lutheran College men's golf team concluded the final two rounds of the NACC Championship Sunday and Monday at Stonebridge Country Club. The Warriors carded their third-lowest round of the season Monday (314) and finished fifth out of nine teams at the championship. Damon Gnewikow (Warrens, Wis.) and Tim Pridemore (Hartford, Wis.) took home All-NACC honors for the Warriors.
- Tournament: 2017-2018 NACC Championship (Rounds 3 & 4)
- Location: Stonebridge Country Club, Aurora, Ill.
- Course Info: Par 72, 6,815 yards
- WLC Team: 5th of 9 (+145)
- Top WLC Individual: Damon Gnewikow (+24), 6th of 37
INSIDE THE SCORECARD
- Gnewikow fired a 73 in the final round Monday to pace the Warriors after shooting a 79 Sunday. His final round score was the second-lowest in the fourth round of the tournament. The junior tied for sixth overall to earn All-NACC honors.
- Pridemore posted his lowest score of the tournament in the fourth round with a 75 and finished tied for ninth to also collect All-NACC accolades.
- Ben Landvatter (Watertown, Wis.) finished with a four-round total of 339 and posted an 83 in the third round Sunday.
- Derek Disch (Greenfield, Wis.) shot back-to-back rounds of 79 to finish with a final tally of 341.
- Quinn Schultz (Chaseburg, Wis.) shot a two-day total of 172 (85-87).
- Wisconsin Lutheran moved up one spot after the first two rounds and finished fifth out of nine teams with a four-round 1,297 (333-325-325-314). WLC was just two strokes back of fourth-place Marian.
- 6. Damon Gnewikow, 312 (+24)
- T-9. Tim Pridemore, 315 (+27)
- T-26. Ben Landvatter, 339 (+51)
- 29. Derek Disch, 341 (+53)
FOR THE FOES
- Aurora won its second NACC title and first since the 2009-2010 season with a four-round total of 1,230. AU held the lead for the final three rounds of the championship, besting runner-up Edgewood by nine shots.
- Concordia Wisconsin's Sam Schlosser won medalist honors and earned the Roger Fleming Player of the Year award as he tallied an 11-over-par 200 (71-76-81-71) in the four-day championship to finish one stroke better than the Spartans' John Torres (73-76-75-76).
- The Warriors return to the links Saturday when they host the WLC Spring Invitational at Washington County Golf Course in Hartford. Tee time is scheduled for 1:30 p.m.