PINEHURST, N.C. (WLCSports.com) – The Wisconsin Lutheran College men's golf team concluded third-round play Sunday at the Pinehurst Intercollegiate, competing against a strong field of 13 NCAA Division I teams. It was the first event of the spring season for the Warriors.
- Tournament: Pinehurst Intercollegiate
- Location: Pinehurst No. 8, Pinehurst, N.C.
- Course Info: Par 71, 6,937 Yards
- WLC Team: 14th of 14 (+141)
- Top WLC Individual: Damon Gnewikow (+35), T-75th of 84
INSIDE THE SCORECARD
- Damon Gnewikow (Warrens, Wis.) led the Warriors with a three-round 248. His second-round 80 was the second-lowest score of the tournament for WLC.
- Tim Pridemore (Hartford, Wis.) was two shots behind with a 250. Pridemore lowered his score from the first round by 13 strokes, shooting the team's lowest round of 77 on Sunday.
- Derick Disch (Greenfield, Wis.) posted a 251, which included consecutive 83s.
- Quinn Schultz (Chaseburg, Wis.) and Ben Landvatter (Watertown, Wis.) carded a 253 and 256, respectively, which included 82s.
- Individually, Johnny Kositzky Jr. (Escanaba, Mich.) turned in a 264 for the Warriors.
- T-75. Damon Gnewikow, 248 (+35)
- 77. Tim Pridemore, 250 (+37)
- T-78. Derick Disch, 251 (+38)
- 80. Quinn Schultz, 253 (+40)
- 81. Ben Landvatter, 256 (+43)
- 82. Johnny Kositzky Jr., 264 (+51)
FOR THE FOES
- Radford topped the talented team field with a three-round 886, edging out runner-up Ball State by just one shot.
- Ball State's Michael VanDeventer earned medalist honors in the 84-player field with a 215 (71-72-72) to win the tournament by two shots.
- The Warriors return to action April 2-3 for the Marian (Ind.) Spring Invitational at Eagle Creek Golf Club in Indianapolis, Indiana.