ST. LOUIS (WLCSports.com) - Garrett Ralston (Machesney Park, Ill./Harlem) tied for second overall and the Wisconsin Lutheran College men's golf team finished fourth out of 11 teams at the 27-hole Gorlok Spring Invitational on Sunday and Monday. The tournament was shortened from 36 to 27 holes due to inclement weather during Monday's second and final round.
- Event: Gorlok Spring Invitational
- Location: Aberdeen Golf Club/Sunset Country Club, St. Louis, Mo.
- Course Info: Par 71, 6,879 Yards
- WLC Team: 4th of 11(+25)
- Top WLC Individual: Garrett Ralston (+1), T-2nd of 64
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Ralston tied for second overall with three other players, finishing just one shot off the lead with a 27-hole total of 108 (71-37).
- Tyler Wood (Eagan, Minn./St. Croix Lutheran) fired an opening-round 71 before tying for 20th with a 114 (71-43).
- Damon Gnewikow (Warrens, Wis./Tomah) tied for 24th after shooting a 115 (78-37).
- Derick Disch (Greenfield, Wis./Martin Luther) and Tim Pridemore (Hartford, Wis./Hartford) were also separated by just one shot, carding 27-hole totals of 118 (78-40) and 119 (77-42), respectively.
- Ben Landvatter (Watertown, Wis./Luther Preparatory) rounded out the lineup for the Warriors with a 124 (83-41).
- Wisconsin Lutheran totaled a 453 (297-156) for a fourth-place finish in the 11-team field. Parkland and Millikin tied for the team title with a 439. Andreas Nielsen of Parkland earned medalist honors with his 107 (71-36) and won the tournament by one shot.
INSIDE THE SCORECARD
- The Warriors' fourth-place finish was their fourth top-four finish of the season.
- Ralston's runner-up finish was his third finish inside the top four this season.
- T-2. Garrett Ralston, 108 (+1)
- T-20. Tyler Wood, 114 (+7)
- T-24. Damon Gnewikow, 115 (+8)
- T-35. Derick Disch, 118 (+11)
- T-38. Tim Pridemore, 119 (+12)
- T-45. Ben Landvatter, 124 (+17)
- The Warriors will compete in their second event of the week on Thursday at the Clarke Spring Invitational in Galena, Ill. First tee time is scheduled for 10:00 a.m.