RIVER FOREST, Ill. (WLCSports.com) – The Wisconsin Lutheran College men's basketball team clinched a home game as the fourth seed in the upcoming NACC Tournament after winning its fourth straight game and defeating Dominican 74-61 inside the Igini Sports Forum on Saturday afternoon.
- Final Score: Wisconsin Lutheran 74, Dominican 61
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (15-10, 12-8 NACC), Dominican (12-13, 9-11 NACC)
- Location: Igini Sports Forum, River Forest, Ill. | Attendance: 165
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Warriors jumped out to a 9-3 lead at the 15:24 mark, but the Stars rallied for a 10-0 run to take their first lead at 13-9.
- WLC answered with a 13-2 run of its own as it held the 22-15 lead after a Tanner Schieve (Slinger, Wis./Slinger) layup with 4:42 left in the opening half. The Stars cut the lead to as few as two, but Wisconsin Lutheran went into the half with the 32-23 lead.
- The Warriors shot 39.4 percent from the field in the opening half, while holding DU to 27.6 percent. Schieve and Tyler De Young (Waupun, Wis./Central Wisconsin Christian) led the way with seven points each.
- WLC opened up the second half hot, extending its lead to a game-high 16 points following a Christian Kennedy (Holmen, Wis./Luther) three-pointer with 15:03 on the clock.
- The Warriors maintained a double-digit lead until the 6:22 mark, when the Stars cut the lead to nine points, 59-50.
- Dominican never came within seven points the rest of the way, as the Warriors sealed the win, 74-61.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- De Young led four Warriors in double-figures as he recorded his fourth double-double of the season with a career-high 19 points and 10 rebounds. Collin Kennedy (Holmen, Wis./Luther) recorded his sixth straight double-double with 16 points, including 12 in the second half, and 12 rebounds.
- Schieve scored 15 points and dished out a team-high five assists. Chase Nowak (Milwaukee, Wis./St. Francis) added 11 points and grabbed five rebounds.
- The Warriors shot 40 percent (26-for-65) for the game, while holding DU to 31.4 percent (22-for-70) from the floor.
- The Warriors held the advantage on the glass, 49-39, points in the paint, 34-20, and second-chance points, 17-9.
- WLC has shot over 40 percent in each of its last four games and is on its second four-game winning streak of the season.
- Wisconsin Lutheran won its seventh straight game over the Stars.
- Dominican was led by Tim Robertson's 19 points followed by Isaac Moore's 17.
- The Warriors open NACC Tournament play as the No. 4 seed for the second straight year, hosting No. 5 seed MSOE (12-12, 11-9 NACC) on Wednesday night at 7:00 p.m. inside the Recreation Complex. The Raiders have won four of five, including today's 68-66 triumph on the road at Rockford. The two teams split the season series, with each winning on their home court. Links to live stats and video for the game will be available at WLCSports.com.