MEQUON, Wis. (WLCSports.com) - Concordia Wisconsin built a 23-point first-half lead after shooting 55.6 percent in the first half to hand the Wisconsin Lutheran College men's basketball team an 84-67 defeat on Thursday night inside the R. John Buuck Field House.
- Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 84, Wisconsin Lutheran 67
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (8-6, 6-4 NACC), Concordia Wisconsin (7-6, 6-4 NACC)
- Location: R. John Buuck Field House, Mequon, Wis. | Attendance: 198
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The first 9:30 of the opening half featured nine lead changes as neither team held more than a three-point lead.
- With the contest knotted at 20-20, the Falcons rattled off 13 straight points and then another eight consecutive for a 41-22 lead over the Warriors.
- CUW went into halftime ahead 49-26 as it shot a sizzling 55.6 percent (20-for-36) from the field in the first half and 43.8 percent (7-for-16) from beyond the arc. The Falcons were led by Josh Hau's 17 points.
- The Warriors shot just 33.3 percent (11-for-33) and were paced by Tanner Schieve's (Slinger, Wis./Slinger) 10 first-half points.
- CUW increased its lead to a game-high 28 points with 15:31 left in the second half and the Warriors would come no closer than 17 points when the final horn sounded.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- Chase Nowak (Milwaukee, Wis./St. Francis) led Wisconsin Lutheran with 20 points, 14 of which came in the second half. Schieve contributed 10 points and grabbed six rebounds.
- Tyler De Young (Waupun, Wis./Central Wisconsin Christian) pulled down a team-high seven boards and Paul Koier (Menomonee Falls, Wis./Menomonee Falls) netted a career-high eight points off the bench.
- The Warriors shot 40.6 percent (28-for-69) from the floor, but struggled from the three-point line (2-for-16).The Falcons shot 46.9 percent (30-for-64) from the field and made 10 shots from long distance. CUW assisted on 23 of its 30 made field goals.
- The Warriors were out-muscled on the glass, 44-37, just the sixth time this season they've been out-rebounded.
- CUW was led by Josh Erickson and Josh Hau with 24 points apiece. Andrew Fratzke flirted with a triple-double with 10 points, 12 rebounds, and eight blocks.
- The Warriors return home on Saturday to face Aurora (8-5, 6-3 NACC) at 4:15 p.m. at the Recreation Complex. The Spartans are coming off of a 96-60 loss at Dominican on Thursday. Links to live stats and video will be available for the game at WLCSports.com.