MILWAUKEE (WLCSports.com) - The Wisconsin Lutheran College men's basketball team shot just 30.4 percent in the first half and could never recover as the MSOE Raiders handed the Warriors their first NACC loss of the season on Thursday night, 68-58, at the Kern Center.
- Final Score: MSOE 68, Wisconsin Lutheran 58
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (6-3, 4-1 NACC), MSOE (3-6, 2-3 NACC)
- Location: Kern Center, Milwaukee, Wis. | Attendance: 123
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Raiders scored the game's first four points and bolted out to an 18-6 lead over the Warriors at the 13:55 mark.
- WLC got within nine points at the 9:31 mark on a three-pointer from Colin Biesterfeld (West Bend, Wis./Kettle Moraine Lutheran), but would not get any closer in the first half.
- MSOE's lead hovered between 10 and a game-high 14 points for the rest of the half, as the Raiders led 31-20 at halftime.
- The Warriors were held to just 30.4 percent (7-for-23) shooting in the first half, as no player reached double-figure scoring. MSOE shot 40.7 percent (11-for-27) and was led by Collin Seubert's 12 points.
- The.Warriors upped their shooting percentage in the second half by 14 percent and closed to within six points at 40-34 with 11:12 left to play in the game.
- MSOE scored the next five points and later pushed its lead up to 13 points. WLC was able to trim that deficit down to just seven at 58-51 with 2:37 left on the second-half clock but could get no closer the rest of the way.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- Tanner Schieve (Slinger, Wis./Slinger) led the Warriors with 16 points and four assists, while Collin Kennedy (Holmen, Wis./Lutyther) contributed 13 points and nine rebounds.
- Wisconsin Lutheran shot 38.6 percent (22-for-57) for the game, compared to MSOE's 43.1 percent (22-for-51).
- Despite two fewer turnovers than the Raiders, the Warriors were out-scored by eight points off them.
- For MSOE, Seubert led all scorers with 25 points and Matthew Kirmse added 15 on five three-pointers.
- WLC's seven turnovers were a season low.
- The Raiders snapped a three-game losing streak to the Warriors.j
- Wisconsin Lutheran will have the next seven days off before returning to NACC action on Saturday, Dec. 31 at Aurora (6-3, 4-1 NACC). The Spartans last dropped a 96-93 decision to Benedictine on Dec. 14. Links to live stats and video will be available for the game at WLCSports.com.