MADISON, Wis. - Collin Kennedy (Holmen, Wis./Luther) scored a season-high 33 points, but Edgewood connected on some crucial free throws down the stretch as the Eagles handed the Warriors an 83-79 defeat on Wednesday night at the Todd Wehr Edgedome.
- Final Score: Edgewood 83, Wisconsin Lutheran 79
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (6-10, 5-7 NACC), Edgewood (2-14, 2-9 NACC)
- Location: Todd Wehr Edgedome, Madison, Wis. | Attendance: 218
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Eagles made their first three shots of the game and jumped out to a quick 8-0 lead.
- Edgewood soon after built its largest lead of the game of 15 points, 21-6, due in large part to five three-point field goals in the first six minutes of the game.
- The hosts maintained a double-digit lead for much of the first half before the Warriors began to climb back.
- A 14-4 run brought WLC within a point at 36-35 with 2:49 left before halftime.
- The Eagles, however, rattled off nine straight points to carry a 45-35 lead into halftime.
- The Warriors shot 34.3 percent in the opening half, compared to the Eagles' 53.6 percent.
- WLC stayed within striking distance early in the second half and then used a 10-0 to take its first lead of the game with 13 minutes to play.
- Wisconsin Lutheran led by as many as six points at 65-59 with 10:48 to play.
- Edgewood took the lead back with 8:27 left to play, as back-and-forth action ensued.
- Four lead changes occurred over the final 6:17 of the game.
- The Warriors held a 79-76 lead with 1:44 remaining, but the Eagles scored the game's final seven points, all from the charity stripe, to upset the Warriors 83-79.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- Collin Kennedy poured in a season-high 33 points to pace the Warriors. He's now reached double-figures in 13 of 16 games this season.
- Jake Jarnigo (Lake Mills, Wis./Lakeside Lutheran) added 12 and Christian Kennedy (Holmen, Wis./Luther) contributed 10 points off the bench.
- Jim Marose (Waukesha, Wis./Wisconsin Lutheran) added 10 rebounds for his 10th double-digit rebound game of the season.
- The Warriors easily won the battle of second-chance points (19-7), points in the paint (46-22), and fastbreak points (10-0).
- The difference came from behind the arc and the free throw line where Edgewood out-scored Wisconsin Lutheran by 24 points in those two areas.
- Sy Staver, Spencer Barnes, and Adam Freitag scored 16 points each to lead the Eagles.
- Wisconsin Lutheran jumps out of conference play for the final time on Saturday when it hosts Maranatha (6-6) at 7 p.m. The Sabercats dropped a 66-62 overtime game to Silver Lake on Tuesday. Live audio, stats, and video will be available for the game at wlcsports.com.