LISLE, Ill. - Jake Jarnigo (Lake Mills, Wis./Lakeside Lutheran) scored a game-high 26 points and Collin Kennedy (Holmen, Wis./Luther) added 22, but it was not enough as the Wisconsin Lutheran College men's basketball team dropped an 81-67 decision against unbeaten and sixth-ranked Benedictine on Saturday afternoon at the Rice Center.
- Final Score: Benedictine 81, Wisconsin Lutheran 67
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (4-8, 3-5 NACC), Benedictine (14-0, 9-0 NACC)
- Location: Rice Center, Lisle, Ill. | Attendance: 203
HOW IT HAPPENED
- WLC hung with the Eagles early on in the contest, but a 13-2 run for BenU boosted its lead to 21-10 with 11:15 remaining in the first half.
- A jumper from Jarnigo brought the Warriors within five at 21-16, but Benedictine ended the opening half strong, closing it out with a 21-11 run over the final eight minutes to hold a 15-point lead going into the locker room.
- The Warriors shot 35.5 percent (11-for-31) from the field in the half, including 8-for-15 for 19 points from Jarnigo. Benedictine shot 16-for-30 for 53.3 percent.
- Benedictine continued its hot shooting after the break and never let the Warriors back into the game.
- A 15-1 Eagles run gave them a 30-point lead, their largest of the game at 67-37, with 9:49 left.
- WLC cut the lead down to 14 points with 1:48 left on the clock, but it was too late as the Eagles had already sealed the game.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- Jarnigo led all scorers in the game with 26 points. Kennedy posted a double-double with 22 points and a game-high 10 rebounds.
- WLC ended up shooting 38.5 percent (25-for-65), compared to Benedictine's red-hot 53.3 percent (32-for-60).
- The Eagles dominated the paint in the matchup, out-scoring Wisconsin Lutheran 44-20.
- Tahron Harvey scored 20 points and was one of four Eagles' starters to reach double-figures.
- Wisconsin Lutheran remains on the road Tuesday for more NACC action when it travels to take on Lakeland (9-4, 5-3 NACC) at 7 p.m. The Muskies are coming off an 89-72 win against Dominican on Saturday. Live stats and video will be available at wlcsports.com.