MILWAUKEE - The Wisconsin Lutheran College men's basketball team snapped a four-game losing streak led by Jim Marose's (Waukesha, Wis./Wisconsin Lutheran) 14 points and 13 rebounds to send the Warriors to a 74-49 victory over Edgewood on Wednesday night at the Recreation Complex.
- Final Score: Wisconsin Lutheran 74, Edgewood 49
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (4-7, 3-4 NACC), Edgewood (1-11, 1-6 NACC)
- Location: Recreation Complex, Milwaukee, Wis. | Attendance: 172
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Warriors started quickly out of the gate, running out to an 8-3 lead.
- Edgewood answered with a 14-1 run to grab its largest lead of the contest at 17-9 with 11:03 remaining in the first half.
- Wisconsin Lutheran battled back, out-scoring the Eagles 26-13 to lead 35-30 at halftime.
- WLC was 43.3 percent (13-of-30) from the field in the first half, led by Collin Kennedy's (Holmen, Wis./Luther) 11 points.
- EC closed within three points at 37-34 early in the second half but would not pull any closer the rest of the way.
- A 12-1 run by the Warriors put the game away for good, as they led by as many as 29 points.
- A total of 16 players saw the court throughout the night for WLC.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- Marose led three Warriors starters in double-figures with 14 points and 13 rebounds for his sixth double-double of the season on 7-of-8 shooting. Collin Kennedy added 13 points and seven boards and Jake Jarnigo (Lake Mills, Wis./Lakeside Lutheran) chipped in 11 points.
- Marose shot 7-for-8 from the floor for the second straight game and now leads the NACC with 10.5 rebounds per game. The senior forward also ranks second in the league with a 68.2 field goal percentage.
- The Warriors out-shot Edgewood 45.2 percent to 29.8 percent from the field.
- WLC held the Eagles to the lowest opponent shooting percentage of the season.
- Wisconsin Lutheran out-rebounded EC 50-29 and dominated points in the paint 38-18.
- Tyler Westrick led Edgewood as the only player in double-figures with 10 points off the bench.
- Wisconsin Lutheran returns to action Saturday on the road against unbeaten and sixth-ranked Benedictine (13-0, 8-0 NACC) at 2 p.m. The Eagles defeated Dominican 110-78 on Wednesday night. Live stats and video will be available at wlcsports.com.