RIVER FOREST, Ill. - Jake Jarnigo (Lake Mills, Wis./Lakeside Lutheran) scored a game-high 27 points to lead three players in double-figures as the Wisconsin Lutheran College men's basketball team defeated Concordia Chicago 69-49 Saturday afternoon at Geiseman Gymnasium.
WHERE THEY STAND
- The Warriors improved to 5-6 overall and 3-5 in the NACC, while the Cougars dropped to 2-7 overall and remain winless in conference at 0-6.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The beginning of the first half was back-and-forth, as the opening eight plus minutes featured six lead changes.
- The Warriors went on a 14-3 run to lead 30-19 with 8:33 to go in the first and never looked back.
- Jarnigo scored 19 points in the opening period as WLC maintained a 43-30 lead at halftime.
- In the second half, the Cougars would pull within 12 at 47-35 with 16:31 to play but wouldn't get any closer.
- Wisconsin Lutheran had its largest lead of 27 points with 4:31 remaining in the game.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- The Warriors shot 40.7 percent from the floor (24-for-59), and held Concordia Chicago to 26.3 percent shooting for the contest (15-for-57).
- WLC was 18-of-23 from the line (78.3 percent), while CUC went 13-of-21 (61.9 percent).
- Jarnigo led all scorers with 27 points. Brett Lubbe (Las Vegas, Nev./Faith Lutheran) posted a double-double with 10 points and 10 boards. Kyle Stelse (Jefferson, Wis./Lakeside Lutheran) contributed 15 points and nine rebounds.
- Adam Giger led the Cougars with 14 points and eight caroms off the bench. Tino Vazquez chipped in 12 points and five boards.
- Wisconsin Lutheran out-rebounded Concordia Chicago 44-34 and dominated points in the paint, 30-10.
- WLC travels to Las Vegas, Nev., for the D3hoops.com Classic Monday and Tuesday. The Warriors play Willamette (Ore.) (2-5) Monday at 6 p.m. CST. A link to live stats will be available at wlcsports.com.