ROCKFORD, Ill. - Jake Jarnigo (Lake Mills, Wis./Lakeside Lutheran) scored a game-high 26 points to lead five players in double-figures as the Wisconsin Lutheran College men's basketball team defeated Rockford 91-74 Saturday afternoon at the Seaver Center.
WHERE THEY STAND
- The Warriors improved to 4-5 overall and 2-4 in the NACC, while the Regents dropped to 1-8 overall and 1-4 in conference games.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The first half was back-and-forth as the opening 14-plus minutes featured seven ties and five lead changes.
- The Regents held their largest lead of the game at 17-11 with 10:24 left in the first half before a 9-0 Warriors run put the visitors in front 20-17.
- Another 8-1 run from the Warriors gave them a 32-24 lead, their largest of the first half, before heading into halftime ahead 36-31.
- Rockford held a very brief second-half lead at 46-45 with 14:13 left before an 8-0 WLC run gave itself the lead for good.
- Leading 67-60 with 6:12 remaining, the Warriors went on a 16-3 run to lead by a game-high 20 points with 3:07 left and put the game out of reach.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- The Warriors shot a sizzling 47.7 percent (31-for-65) from the floor compared to Rockford's 41.9 percent (26-for-62).
- Brett Lubbe (Las Vegas, Nev./Faith Lutheran) and Christian Walz (Waukesha, Wis./West) chipped in with 17 and 10 points, respectively, off the bench. Kyle Stelse (Jefferson, Wis./Lakeside Lutheran) added 15 and Nate Siemers (Nicollet, Minn./Minnesota Valley Lutheran) had 12.
- Lubbe and Siemers grabbed a game-high eight rebounds apiece as the Warriors controlled the Regents on the glass, 43-30.
- WLC shot a season-best 86.7 percent (26-for-30) from the free throw line.
- The Warriors dominated points in the paint, 42-28.
- The 11 turnovers were the second-lowest total of the season.
- John O'Bryan led four Regents starters in double-figures with 20 points.
- Wisconsin Lutheran hosts its NACC rival Concordia Wisconsin (2-5, 1-3 NACC) next Thursday at the Recreation Complex in its final home game of the 2014 calendar year. Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. Links to live stats and video will be available at wlcsports.com.