MILWAUKEE – Marquette's constant full-court pressure forced 33 Wisconsin Lutheran College turnovers that led to 47 points as the Golden Eagles defeated the Warriors 115-47 Saturday afternoon in an exhibition matchup at the BMO Harris Bradley Center.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- After the Golden Eagles held a slim 7-2 lead through the opening 4:11, MU went on an 18-0 over a six-minute span.
- Marquette led by as many as 33 points in the first half before the Warriors scored the final five points and MU went into halftime ahead 43-15.
- The Warriors fell victim to a 19-2 Golden Eagles run to open the second half and open up a 45-point lead with 15:42 left.
- MU used another 14-0 run that ended just under the 6:40 mark.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- Nate Siemers (Nicollet, Minn./Minnesota Valley Lutheran) led the Warriors in points (8), rebounds (6), and blocks (3).
- WLC shot 29.4 percent (15-for-51) from the floor and a stellar 82.4 percent (14-for-17) from the free-throw line.
- Juan Anderson led five Golden Eagles in double-figure scoring with a game-high 27 points. Steve Taylor Jr. grabbed 11 rebounds. Matt Carlino dished out 12 assists.
- Marquette shot 55 percent from the field (44-for-80).
- MU out-rebounded WLC 45-30, including 16-9 on the offensive glass.
- The Warriors were out-scored 47-6 in points off turnovers and 48-7 in fast break points.
- The Warriors officially open their 2014-2015 regular season Tuesday, November 18 when they host Lawrence at 7 p.m. Live stats and video will be available for the game at wlcsports.com.