Oct 27, 2018
AURORA, Ill. (WLCSports.com) – The Wisconsin Lutheran College football team fell behind at halftime and couldn't recover in a 43-0 loss to the Aurora Spartans Saturday afternoon at Spartan Athletic Park.
- Final Score: Aurora 43, Wisconsin Lutheran 0
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (1-7, 1-4 NACC), Aurora (3-5, 3-2 NACC)
- Location: Spartan Athletic Park, Aurora, Ill.
- After punting on their opening possession, the Spartans connected on a 28-yard field goal after forcing a fumble in Warriors territory for a 3-0 lead at the 8:07 mark of the first quarter.
- Aurora scored touchdowns on each of its remaining possessions in the first half, three on the ground and one through the air. The Spartans went into halftime with a 29-0 lead over WLC.
- Following a Warriors turnover on downs early in the third quarter, the Spartans drove down the field and scored on a Tyran Bailey seven-yard touchdown run with just over five minutes left.
- AU added one last score following a Warriors turnover when Halen Miller scampered in for an eight-yard touchdown run to cap the scoring.
- Patrick Mathieson (New Port Richey, Fla.) completed 13-of-16 passing attempts for 94 yards, and Jake Anderson (Oak Creek, Wis.) completed 6-of-10 attempts for 60 yards.
- Sam Boone (Mindoro, Wis.) led the ground game with 13 yards on six carries.
- Tyree Gamble (Huntsville, Texas) paced the receiving corps with six catches for 43 yards.
- Cameron Wolf (Oconomowoc, Wis.) had eight tackles to lead the Warriors, while Mat Guedel (Belvidere, Wis.) added six tackles and a pair of pass breakups.
- Gavin Zimbelman completed 14-of-19 passes for 181 yards and a touchdown.
- Bailey racked up 123 yards on the ground with three scores. Sean Mullen caught three passes for 70 yards.
- Hudson Stedman lead the Aurora defense with five tackles, two sacks, and a forced fumble. The Spartans forced four turnovers.
- The Warriors return home next Saturday to face Concordia Chicago (2-6, 1-4 NACC) for Senior Day at 1:00 p.m. The Cougars are coming off a 41-13 victory over Rockford. Live stats and video will be available for the game at WLCSports.com.