Oct 20, 2018
MILWAUKEE (WLCSports.com) - The Wisconsin Lutheran College football team fell at home to Lakeland, 38-12, on a blustery October Saturday afternoon of Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference action at Raabe Stadium.
- Final Score: Lakeland 38, Wisconsin Lutheran 12
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (1-6, 1-3 NACC), Lakeland (2-5, 2-2 NACC)
- Location: Raabe Stadium, Milwaukee, Wis.
- The Muskies scored on all three of their first quarter possessions and led 24-0 after the first quarter.
- CJ Grahn (Beloit, Wis.) intercepted a Muskies pass early in the second quarter which put the Warriors in great field position. However, WLC fumbled the ball away just four plays later.
- Following a Lakeland interception, Larry Rivers rushed for his third touchdown of the game, giving the Muskies a 30-0 lead at the 3:12 mark of the second quarter.
- Tyree Gamble (Huntsville, Texas) put the Warriors in scoring position after a 55-yard run. WLC scored just two plays later on a Joshua Cason (Deltona, Fla.) one-yard touchdown run. Wisconsin Lutheran went into halftime trailing 30-6.
- After fumbles by both teams to open the second half, the Muskies scored once again when Dezmon Eddie scampered for a four-yard touchdown.
- The Warriors found the end zone for the final time when Jake Anderson (Oak Creek, Wis.) found Brandon Livingston (Carson, Calif.) for a 12-yard touchdown pass with just 0:15 seconds left in the third quarter.
- Anderson threw for 119 yards and a touchdown on 7-of-17 passing. Patrick Mathieson (New Port Richey, Fla.) added 33 yards through the air on 5-of-14 attempts.
- Gamble rushed three times for 58 yards, while Cason found the end zone for the first time this season.
- Livingston caught four passes for 75 yards, both season highs, and his second touchdown of the season.
- Joe Styczynski (Coleman, Wis.) tallied a game-high 12 tackles and Cameron Wolf (Oconomowoc, Wis.) added 10 tackles to go along with a sack for the Warriors defense. Both players also forced fumbles.
- The Lakeland offense rushed for 349 yards. Charl'Tez Nunnery had 129 rushing yards on 26 attempts, Rivers ran for 118 yards, and Dezmon Eddie rushed for 105 yards.
- Ezekiel Combs recorded six total tackles, including two for a loss to lead the Muskies on defense.
- Wisconsin Lutheran is on the road next Saturday when it travels to Aurora (2-5, 2-2 NACC) for a 1:00 p.m. kickoff. The Spartans are coming off a 25-7 victory at Rockford Saturday. Live stats and video will be available for the game at WLCSports.com.