MILWAUKEE – The Wisconsin Lutheran College football team rolled to a 35-13 win over Concordia Chicago Saturday afternoon in a Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference contest on Senior Day at Raabe Stadium.
- Final Score: Wisconsin Lutheran 35, Concordia Chicago 13
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (4-5, 3-2 NACC), Concordia Chicago (2-7, 0-5 NACC)
- Location: Raabe Stadium, Milwaukee, Wis. | Attendance: 453
HOW IT HAPPENED
- After a missed field goal, Concordia Chicago struck first on a nice catch by Leroy Bridges from Rob Granquist for the 65-yard touchdown to put the Cougars ahead 7-0.
- Wisconsin Lutheran answered on the next drive with 2:02 remaining in the first quarter when Gino DeGeorge (Las Vegas, Nev./Faith Lutheran) found Alex Foster (Kenosha, Wis./St. Joseph) in the end zone for a 13-yard touchdown reception. The extra point was unsuccessful and WLC trailed 7-6.
- The Warriors took the lead as DeGeorge kept it himself and ran six yards for the touchdown and WLC took a 13-7 lead.
- After Jake Engels (Coleman, Wis./Coleman) forced a fumble, WLC went 66 yards in seven plays and scored on a Jared Bruemmer (Hanover Park, Ill./Hoffman Estates) two-yard touchdown run to extend the lead to 21-7 after a successful two-point conversion.
- The Cougars answered with an 18 play, 91-yard drive and scored on a Jakari Cammon nine-yard touchdown run to cut the lead to 21-13 after a failed PAT.
- Before the halftime whistle, Anthony Rodriguez (Kissimmee, Fla. /Gateway) led the Warriors with a six-play, 67-yard drive capped off by a six-yard touchdown pass to Mitch Skarban (Appleton, Wis./Fox Valley Lutheran) to head into the half with a 28-13 lead.
- After a scoreless third quarter, WLC sealed the game early in the fourth quarter with a 27-yard touchdown pass to Skarban from Rodriguez as the Warriors were victorious 35-13.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- The Warriors out-gained the Cougars 476-420 in total yardage. WLC piled up 376 yards through the air and 100 yards on the ground.
- The Warriors reached 100 yards rushing for the first time since Sept. 19 at Trine.
- Rodriguez was 18-for-21 for 232 yards, with two passing touchdowns and one interception.
- Foster hauled in 10 catches for 128 yards and a score.
- Skarban had nine catches for 124 yards and two scores. Skarban also set WLC records in receiving touchdowns in a season and career and receiving yards in season.
- Bruemmer carried the ball 11 times for 30 yards.
- Engels led Wisconsin Lutheran with 10 tackles. JD Leisemann (Fall River, Wis./Fall River) and Kyler Heimbruch (Manawa, Wis./Little Wolf) each had two tackles for loss. Leisemann and Don Bond (Milwaukee, Wis./South) had 1.5 sacks apiece.
- Eland had an interception and Andrew Flegel (Milwaukee, Wis./Wisconsin Lutheran) and Trevor Seewald (Coleman, Wis./Coleman) each recovered a fumble after the Warriors defense forced three fumbles.
- Granquist was 18-for-34 with 246 yards passing with one touchdown and one interception.
- Cammon ran for 119 yards on 20 attempts and a score.
- Bridges had five receptions for 95 yards and a touchdown.
- Nick Hostetler recorded 10 tackles and Zac Winter had an interception.
- The Warriors wrap up their season next Saturday as they travel to Mequon to face off against rival Concordia Wisconsin (3-6, 3-2 NACC) for the Lutheran Bowl. Kickoff is scheduled for Noon. Links to live audio, stats, and video will be available at wlcsports.com. The Falcons were defeated in non-conference action by Olivet 56-42 at home on Saturday.