MILWAUKEE – Tanner Behnke (Brillion, Wis./Brillion) recorded a game-high 17 tackles but the Wisconsin Lutheran College football team was defeated by Adrian 30-12 Saturday afternoon in a non-conference matchup at Raabe Stadium.
- Final Score: Adrian 30, Wisconsin Lutheran 12
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (2-5), Adrian (4-3)
- Location: Raabe Stadium, Milwaukee, Wis. | Attendance: 400
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Adrian struck first on its opening possession with an 8-play, 37-yard drive as Cameron Cook's 29-yard field goal was good to put the Bulldogs ahead 3-0.
- There was no more scoring until the second quarter when Gino DeGorge's (Las Vegas, Nev./Faith Lutheran) pass was intercepted by Chris Adams and returned 53 yards for a touchdown to extend the Adrian lead to 10-0.
- After a Wisconsin Lutheran punt, Gage Smith tossed a 65-yard touchdown to Darius Philon to put Adrian up 16-0 after a failed two-point conversion.
- The WLC defense forced a four-and-out, and DeGeorge connected with Theo Belhomme (Kissimmee, Fla./Gateway) on a 21-yard touchdown pass for the first Warriors score of the game with 1:31 remaining in the half. The two-point try was unsuccessful and it was 16-6 Adrian at halftime.
- The Bulldogs capitalized on a Wisconsin Lutheran fumble as Stephen Milarch scored a one-yard touchdown run to make it 23-6 with 7:32 remaining in the third quarter.
- On the next possession, DeGeorge took advantage of a free play on offense and found Mitch Skarban (Appleton, Wis./Fox Valley Lutheran) for a 21-yard touchdown reception to keep WLC in the ballgame to make it 23-12 after a failed PAT.
- Adrian then used an 8-play, 65-yard drive to put the game out of reach on David Nutter's four-yard touchdown run.
- AC controlled the ball for over 12 minutes of the fourth quarter and was victorious 30-12.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- The Bulldogs out-gained the Warriors 360-239 in total yardage. WLC piled up 142 yards through the air and 97 yards on the ground.
- Adrian controlled the ball for 39:50 compared with 20:10 for Wisconsin Lutheran.
- DeGeorge was 13-for-31 for 135 yards, with two passing touchdowns and one interception.
- Skarban hauled in six catches for 62 yards and a score.
- Jared Bruemmer (Hanover Park, Ill./Hoffman Estates) carried the ball 13 times for 48 yards.
- Behnke led WLC with a game-high 17 tackles.
- JD Leisemann (Fall River, Wis./Fall River) had three tackles for loss. Dakota Eland (Menominee, Mich./Menominee) recorded an interception.
- Smith was 9-for-18 for 159 yards with a touchdown pass and an interception.
- Emanual Stewart, who was named to the D3football.com Offensive Team of the Week last week, ran for 132 yards on 29 attempts.
- Philon made four catches for 108 yards and a touchdown.
- Adams recorded eight tackles and two interceptions with a score.
- The Warriors are on the road next Saturday to face off against NACC foe Aurora (3-4, 2-2 NACC). Kickoff is scheduled for 1 p.m. Links to live audio, stats, and video will be available at wlcsports.com. The Spartans were defeated by NACC co-leader Lakeland 47-40 in overtime at home on Saturday.