MILWAUKEE - The Wisconsin Lutheran College football team snapped a four-game losing streak as it defeated Rockford 34-21 for its first NACC win of the season on Hall of Fame Day Saturday afternoon at Raabe Stadium.
- Final Score: Wisconsin Lutheran 34, Rockford 21
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (2-4, 1-2 NACC), Rockford (2-4, 0-2 NACC)
- Location: Raabe Stadium, Milwaukee, Wis. | Attendance: 657
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Warriors got on the board first after a Dakota Eland (Menominee, Mich./Menominee) interception as Gino DeGeorge (Las Vegas, Nev./Faith Lutheran) tossed a six-yard touchdown pass to Alex Foster (Kenosha, Wis./St. Joseph) to put WLC up 7-0.
- Rockford answered on its next possession with an eight-play, 80-yard drive that ended with a one-yard Tremaine Berry touchdown run to tie the game at 7-7.
- Wisconsin Lutheran wasted no time, scoring on its next possession as Jared Bruemmer (Hanover Park, Ill./Hoffman Estates) capped a seven-play, 67-yard drive with a five-yard touchdown run to put the Warriors up 14-7.
- After Foster's 35-yard punt return set up a short field, Matt Grams (Milwaukee, Wis./Pius XI) knocked home a 20-yard field goal to make it 17-7.
- Rockford then went eight plays and 74 yards in 4:50 ending with a Mar Sean Vercher five-yard touchdown pass from Adam O'Malley to cut the WLC lead to 17-14.
- The Warriors answered back with a seven-play, 59-yard touchdown drive and scored with three seconds remaining in the half as Foster caught his second touchdown pass of the day from DeGeorge to push the WLC lead to 24-14 at halftime.
- In the third quarter, Wisconsin Lutheran sealed the game with a 79-yard touchdown pass to Mitch Skarban (Appleton, Wis./Fox Valley Lutheran) to expand the lead to 31-14.
- Grams tacked on a 26-yard field goal in the fourth quarter and Rockford scored with 1:22 remaining in the contest, but the Warriors were victorious 34-21.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- The Warriors out-gained the Regents 341-334 in total yardage. WLC piled up 250 yards through the air and 91 yards on the ground.
- DeGeorge was 11-for-22 for 211 yards, with three touchdowns and one interception.
- Skarban hauled in five catches for 168 yards and a score. Foster had two touchdown receptions and 58 yards receiving.
- Bruemmer carried the ball 14 times for 59 yards and a score.
- Andrew Flegel (Milwaukee, Wis./Wisconsin Lutheran) led WLC with 13 tackles, while Eland secured WLC's lone interception.
- Flegel, Logan Troutman (Apopka, Fla./East Ridge), and Max Pulda (Racine, Wis./Case) each recorded a sack.
- O'Malley was 10-for-23 for 190 yards with two touchdowns and one interception.
- Sean Vercher made seven catches for 169 yards and two scores.
- Pete Berry led the Regents with 70 rushing yards on 20 carries.
- Jon Porter recorded 10 tackles, Jared Johnson recorded 1.5 sacks and a fumble recovery, and Jose Robles had an interception.
- The Warriors host Adrian (3-3) next Saturday in their final non-conference contest of the season at 1 p.m. at Raabe Stadium. Links to live audio and stats will be available at wlcsports.com. The Bulldogs were defeated 30-25 by Albion on the road on Saturday.