ADRIAN, Mich. - The Wisconsin Lutheran College football team went on the road Saturday to face a familiar non-conference opponent and came away with a 17-7 victory of MIAA preseason favorite Adrian at Docking Stadium.
WHERE THEY STAND
- The Warriors won their third straight game to climb over .500 at 4-3 overall, while the Bulldogs lost for just the second time this season and fell to 5-2 overall.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- After a scoreless first half, the Warriors' Jake Henes (Menominee, Mich./Menominee) recovered an Adrian fumble on its first possession of the third quarter and Mike Reeves (Hoffman Estates, Ill./Hoffman Estates) capped the four-play, 19-yard drive with an 11-yard touchdown run.
- The Bulldogs tied the score at 7-7 on the ensuing possession when quarterback Aaron Tenney found Nathan Hartline for a 41-yard touchdown hookup on a 3rd-and-16 play.
- Less than one minute into the fourth quarter, Daeon Farris (Racine, Wis./Case) blocked his second punt of the day and Travis Turnquist (Madison, Wis./East) scooped and scored from 11 yards out for a 14-7 Warriors lead.
- Matt Grams (Milwaukee, Wis./Pius XI) drilled a 33-yard field goal with 7:59 left in the game to cap a drive that lasted over four and a half minutes and seal the win for Wisconsin Lutheran.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- The win was the Warriors' first-ever win at Adrian in their four previous meetings.
- WLC snapped a 15-game road losing streak in the state of Michigan dating back to November 8, 2003.
- The Bulldogs outgained the Warriors in total offensive yardage 398-288.
- Gino DeGeorge (Las Vegas, Nev./Faith Lutheran) was 14-for-31 with 150 yards through the air.
- Reeves rushed 23 times for 144 yards, including a long of 59 yards, and a score.
- Alex Foster (Kenosha, Wis./St. Joseph) had a team-high 58 yards receiving on three catches. Mitch Skarban (Appleton, Wis./Fox Valley Lutheran) made six grabs for 41 yards.
- Grams averaged 45.5 yards on six punts, including a long of 62. He pinned the Bulldogs inside their own 13-yard line twice.
- WLC's defense recorded five sacks and forced three turnovers (two fumbles, one interception).
- The Warriors held Adrian to its second-lowest rushing output (129 yards) to date this season.
- Jestin Heimbruch (Manawa, Wis./Little Wolf) posted a game-high 11 tackles (six solo, five assisted).
- Tenney was 11-for-31 for 215 yards, one touchdown, and one interception.
- Hartline had six catches for 119 yards and Kyle Blough had four grabs for 100 yards.
- Juwan King accumulated eight tackles defensively for the Bulldogs.
- The Warriors wrap-up their three-game road swing with their final road contest of the season next Saturday against Rockford (1-6, 0-3 NACC). Kickoff is scheduled for Noon at Sam Greeley Field. Live audio and stats will be available at wlcsports.com.