May 05, 2019
MILWAUKEE (WLCSports.com) - The Wisconsin Lutheran College baseball team dropped both games of its final conference road doubleheader of the season Sunday to MSOE at Henry Aaron Field. The Warriors fell to the Raiders by scores of 8-1 and 7-4.
- Final Scores: MSOE 8, Wisconsin Lutheran 1; MSOE 7, Wisconsin Lutheran 4
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (13-24, 4-16 NACC), MSOE (13-23, 10-12 NACC)
- Location: Henry Aaron Field, Milwaukee, Wis.
- The Raiders rallied with two outs in the first for three straight RBI hits to jump out to an early 4-0 lead.
- After the Warriors stranded a pair in the second, MSOE added another three runs on four hits for a seven-run lead.
- The Raiders drove in their final run the next inning on a one-out double.
- Sid Lehman (Theresa, Wis.) put WLC on the scoreboard in the sixth with a double down the right field line that plated Jake Schwall (West Allis, Wis.).
- Wisconsin Lutheran had two runners reach in both the eighth and ninth innings, but wasn't able to drive any runs home.
- Schwall went 2-for-2 with a run and a walk for the Warriors. Mike Hartmann (Milwaukee, Wis.) and Jacob Kopplin (Rowlett, Texas) combined to throw 5.2 innings of scoreless relief.
- The Warriors plated an early first-inning run when Schwall drove in Ryan Dominick (Bartlett, Ill.), who tripled the prior at-bat, on a sacrifice fly to left.
- The Raiders put together another two-out rally in the fourth with three runs on three hits for a 3-1 lead.
- Back-to-back two-out singles in the fifth gave MSOE a 5-1 advantage.
- WLC made it a one-run game in the eighth with three runs on three hits. Jayson Walczak-Zelem (Oak Creek, Wis.) drove in Evan Sadowski (New Berlin, Wis.) on a sac fly to center, Schwall's infield single scored Daven Eidem (Los Angeles, Calif.), and Lehman followed with an RBI single that plated Dominick.
- The Raiders added a pair of insurance runs in their half of the eighth with two runs on four hits for a three-run lead. Wisconsin Lutheran was retired in order in the ninth as MSOE came away with the sweep.
- Lehman went 2-for-3 with an RBI and a walk, while Diego Solares (Huntley, Ill.) struck out four over 2.1 innings of relief.
- Brandon Beauchamp and Adam Graham each collected three hits for the Raiders in the opener. Sam Crawford went the distance and struck out 12 on the mound. Three players tallied two hits each for MSOE in game two. Brad Demkovich tossed 2.0 perfect innings to relief to pickup the win.
- The Warriors return home Wednesday after playing eight of their last nine games away from Neumann Family Field. WLC will host Rockford (9-23, 3-15 NACC) in its final games of the 2019 season for Senior Day and ALS Awareness Day. First pitch is scheduled for 12:00 p.m.