FORT MYERS, Fla. (WLCSports.com) – The Wisconsin Lutheran College baseball team dropped two separate nine-inning non-conference games to North Park, 7-0, and Gallaudet, 14-9, Thursday in the Gene Cusic Collegiate Classic at Terry Park.
- Final Scores: North Park 7, Wisconsin Lutheran 0; Gallaudet 14, Wisconsin Lutheran 9
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (2-5), North Park (4-7), Gallaudet (3-11-1)
- Location: Terry Park, Fort Myers, Fla.
GAME 1 HIGHLIGHTS
- The Vikings plated a pair of first-inning runs with two outs on a double by Justin Woolbright to left field for an early lead.
- After four straight strikeouts from Warriors starter Jake Wiedower (St. Francis), North Park put together two straight hits in the third inning for its third run of the game.
- Wisconsin Lutheran put together its biggest threat in the fifth, putting two on with two out, but had a runner picked off to end the inning.
- NPU added four insurance runs in the seventh on three hits to extend its lead to 7-0.
- WLC finished with three hits in the game, coming off the bats of KJ Banse (Racine, Wis.), Johnny Offenbacher (Waukesha, Wis.), and Kasey Zdroik (Plainfield, Wis.).
- Wiedower allowed six runs on five hits and struckout six in 6.1 innings on the mound.
GAME 2 HIGHLIGHTS
- After the Bison jumped out to a 2-0 lead in the second, the Warriors scored three times in the third after Brannigan Hart (Davie, Fla.) drew a bases loaded walk and Brett Jakel (Reeseville, Wis.) and Kyle Koth (Zion, Ill.) scored on an error.
- WLC added a single run in the fourth on a Hart RBI double that plated Jakel for a 4-2 lead.
- Gallaudet took a 5-4 lead in the sixth, but the Warriors re-gained it back in the bottom half of the inning on a two-RBI double by Banse to right field.
- GU jumped in front again in the seventh, this time for good, with five runs on four hits for a 10-6 lead.
- Wisconsin Lutheran added a single tally in the seventh, but left the bases loaded when the inning ended.
- The Bison added three in the eighth and another in the ninth, not before the Warriors plated their final two runs in the eighth on RBIs from Jakel and Hart.
- WLC finished with 10 hits in the game, but stranded 16 runners on base.
- Joe Hanson (La Crosse, Wis.) led the Green and White with three hits, with Hart driving in three runs and Jakel scoring three times.
FOR THE FOES
- Justin Woolbright went 2-for-3 with two RBIs in the opener for the Vikings. Seth Dvorak also had two hits and drove in three runs.
- Matt Pizur tossed a complete game three-hit shutout for North Park.
- Four Gallaudet batters had three hits in the game, while Cameron Upton had three RBIs.
- Robersy Delgado was credited with the win in relief after throwing 1.1 innings.
- Wisconsin Lutheran concludes its spring break trip tomorrow with a pair of seven-inning games against Haverford (2-7). First pitch is scheduled for 9:00 a.m. EST at the Player Development Complex. The Warriors and Fords have split doubleheaders in their last two meetings in 2015 and 2014.