Saturday, April 9, 2016
5k run and 2-mile walk
The 13th annual Gary's Gallop 5k run and 2-mile walk presented by Bloom! Landscaping will be held April 9, 2016. The race, a tribute to the late Wisconsin Lutheran College president Dr. Gary Greenfield, has a scenic course through Underwood Parkway and the WLC Krauss-Miller-Lutz Outdoor Athletic Complex. Don't delay, register online today!
- 8-9 a.m. - Raceday registration and shirt/bib pick up
- 9:30 a.m. - Start of 5k run and 2-mile walk
- 10:30 a.m. - Start of Kids' Race
LOCATION: Wisconsin Lutheran College Krauss-Miller-Lutz Outdoor Athletic Complex, east of Hwy. 100 on Watertown Plank Road in Wauwatosa.
- ENTRANCE: Access the complex via the new Swan Boulevard off Watertown Plank Road. Download a flyer with directions to the complex or view a map and directions online.
- CONSTRUCTION INFORMATION: Visit wlc.edu/zoointerchange for details.
NEW COURSE IN 2016: The race will begin in the WLC Krauss-Miller-Lutz Outdoor Athletic Complex parking lot and will proceed onto Underwood Parkway. Participants will head northeast on the parkway to the entrance of Hansen Park, then return to the athletic complex. The race concludes on the Raabe Stadium track.
- $10 – For 5k run/2-mile walk youth participants 12 and under | WLC students
- $20 – For WLC faculty, staff, and their immediate families
- $25 – For 5k run/2-mile walk participants by April 6
- $30 – For remote runners/walkers | Race day registration
REGISTRATION FEE INCLUDES:
- Long-sleeve, moisture-wicking shirt (for 5k and 2-mile participants only).
- Light breakfast and lunch
- Awards to the top male and female runners/age by division, overall male and female finisher, and by team
- Charitable gift to the college's athletics booster organization, the Warrior Club
DIVISIONS: 12 and younger, 13-18, 19-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-79, 80+
REMOTE PARTICIPATION: If you aren't going to be in the Milwaukee area on April 9, then run or walk Gary's Gallop remotely! Map out a 5k or 2-mile course where you will be, then submit your finish time online to qualify for award placement. Registration for remote participants is required by March 25 to ensure enough time to mail your shirt and racing bib to you by race day.
KIDS' CORNER AND RACE: The free Kids' Corner, supervised by WLC's cheer team and coaches, will be available to entertain children during the adult race. After the adult race, kids 12 and under will be invited to run around the Raabe Stadium track. No registration is necessary.
WAC MONTH MEMBERSHIP: Whether you're looking to improve your 5k time or if this is your first race, participants who register for Gary's Gallop through Friday, March 18 receive a complimentary individual month membership to the Wisconsin Athletic Club's Wauwatosa location. Simply take the authorized confirmation flyer you'll receive in the mail after registering for Gary's Gallop, and your driver's license, to the Tosa WAC to redeem your membership. The 30-day membership begins at the time of redemption. This offer is for non-WAC members only and not transferable. It cannot be used to extend a month to an existing membership.
SHOE DRIVE: Join us in supporting Soles for Jesus by bringing unwanted shoes to fill our donation bins at Gary's Gallop. It is estimated that over one billion pairs of unworn shoes are taking up space in U.S. basements and closets. Some are outdated or outgrown, but many of them are in good condition and considered a treasure to the millions of people who live barefoot lives in developing countries like Africa. Soles For Jesus exists to share the love of Christ by distributing shoes to the underserved. Cash donations will also be accepted, as it costs about $2 to send a pair of shoes to Africa. To learn more, visit solesforjesus.org.
QUESTIONS? Contact Lisa Leffel at 414.443.8796 or [email protected]
Performance Running Outfitters, WLC Class of 1989, Team Oasis, Thrivent Financial