GREEN BAY, Wis. (WLCSports.com) – Cassie Balts (Barron, Wis.) finished 17th overall to lead the Wisconsin Lutheran College women's cross country team to a seventh-place finish out of 13 scoring teams at the season-opening Tom Barry Invitational at Colburn Park Saturday morning in Green Bay.
- Event: Tom Barry Invitational
- Location: Colburn Park, Green Bay, Wis.
- WLC Team: 7th of 13, 217 Points
- Top WLC Individual: Cassie Balts, 17th of 152, 20:36.1
WARRIORS TOP FIVE PERFORMERS
- Balts led the Warriors with a 17th-place finish and a personal-best 5K time of 20:36.1.
- Christina Biffert (Lomira, Wis.) crossed the finish line with a time of 22:00.6, which earned her a 57th-place finish.
- Megan Kuether (New Berlin, Wis.) ran the course in a personal-best 5K time of 22:34.5 to place 67th.
- Bethany Wagenknecht (Yorba Linda, Calif.) completed the 5K course in 22:56.7.
- Amanda Van Swol (Racine, Wis.) rounded out the Warriors' leaders a step behind Wagenknecht with a time of 22:57.9 in her first collegiate race.
OTHER TOP PERFORMERS
- Casey Hovland from the College of St. Scholastica took the individual 5K course crown for the second consecutive year with a finishing time of 17:59.6.
- Host St. Norbert claimed the 13-scoring team title for the seventh time in the last eight years with 31 points, besting Carroll's 59 points. The Green Knights placed seven runners inside the top 20 to capture the title.
- WLC returns to action Saturday, September 16 for the Tom Hoffman Invitational hosted by UW-Whitewater. The 6K race is scheduled to start at 10:45 a.m.