OSHKOSH, Wis. (WLCSports.com) - The Wisconsin Lutheran College women's volleyball team dropped its final two matches of the Pizza Hut Classic in Oshkosh Saturday. In the team's first match, the Warriors fell to Martin Luther in a close five sets, before dropping three straight sets to host UW-Oshkosh.
- Final Scores: Martin Luther 3, Wisconsin Lutheran 2; UW-Oshkosh 3, Wisconsin Lutheran 0
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (3-5), Martin Luther (4-5), UW-Oshkosh (6-4)
- Location: Kolf Sports Center, Oshkosh, Wis.
HOW IT HAPPENED (MARTIN LUTHER)
- After dropping the first set against Martin Luther, the Warriors took set two by a score of 25-19.
- MLC won the third set, but WLC won the fourth set 26-24 forcing a fifth set. The Knights defeated the Warriors 15-11 to take the match.
- Britley Grulke (Hustisford, Wis.) led the Warriors with 12 kills, 12 digs, and three block assists, while Nicole Klipstein (Hartford, Wis.) and Brooke Roberts (Randolph, Wis.) had eight and seven kills, respectively.
- Morgan Scanlon (Racine, Wis.), who was named to the All-Tournament Team, recorded a team-high 16 digs for WLC, while Heather Warskow (Phoenix, Ariz.) dished out 14 assists.
- Melissa Ericson (Lisle, Ill.) and Alyssa Charron (Appleton, Wis.) scored three service aces apiece for Wisconsin Lutheran.
- Kira Grev led the Knights with 10 kills and three blocks.
HOW IT HAPPENED (UW-OSHKOSH)
- Wisconsin Lutheran finished Saturday falling to UW-Oshkosh in three sets.
- Charron led the Warriors with eight kills, while Grace Tomhave (Verona, Wis.) landed five.
- Courtney Pattison (Prairie du Chien, Wis.) recorded 17 assists and six digs to pace WLC.
- Scanlon served three aces for Wisconsin Lutheran.
- Tina Elstner led the Titans with 12 kills, while Rachel Gardner had nine digs.
- The Warriors return to the Recreation Complex Wednesday for their home and conference opener against Edgewood (2-6). The match is set to begin at 7:00 p.m. Live stats and video will be available for the match at WLCSports.com.