BELOIT, Wis. (WLCSports.com) - The Wisconsin Lutheran College women's volleyball team secured its first tournament title of the season, defeating Beloit 3-2 in the championship match of the Buc Blast Tournament Saturday afternoon. In the first match of the day, the Warriors fell to Beloit 3-2, but bounced back after the intermission to defeat the host Buccaneers.
- Final Scores: Beloit 3, Wisconsin Lutheran 2; Wisconsin Lutheran 3, Beloit 2
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (3-1), Beloit (2-2)
- Location: Flood Arena, Beloit, Wis.
HOW IT HAPPENED (BELOIT)
- Wisconsin Lutheran opened play Saturday falling to Beloit in an intense five-set match, losing the fifth game by a score of 15-9.
- Britley Grulke (Hustisford, Wis.) and Alyssa Charron (Appleton, Wis.) led the way for the Warriors with 14 kills apiece.
- Courtney Pattison (Prairie du Chien, Wis.) dished out 52 assists in the match.
- Defensively, Brooke Roberts (Randolph, Wis.) and Morgan Scanlon (Racine, Wis.) led the way with 29 and 25 digs, respectively.
- The team hit .236 in the second set, its highest mark of the match.
HOW IT HAPPENED (CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH)
- The Warriors and Buccaneers alternated set victories and were forced to play a fifth set, with the Warriors claiming the victory by a score of 20-18.
- Grulke and Charron again led the attack for Wisconsin Lutheran with 14 and 12 kills, respectively
- Freshman Grace Tomhave (Verona, Wis.) added 10 kills along with five solo blocks and 11 block assists.
- Pattison distributed 42 assists in the five-set match and led the way defensively with a team-high 37 digs.
- As a team, the Warriors recorded seven solo blocks and 20.5 team blocks.
- The Warriors travel to Oshkosh next weekend to play in the Pizza Hut Classic where they will face St. Norbert and Saint Mary's (Minn.) Friday, and Martin Luther and host UW-Oshkosh Saturday.