BELOIT, Wis. (WLCSports.com) – The Wisconsin Lutheran College women's track and field team sent four athletes to compete Thursday at the Hillsdale Gina Relays. The Warriors then competed Friday and Saturday at the Beloit Relays at Strong Stadium where they placed fifth out of 11 scoring teams.
- Final Results: 5th of 11, 76 Points
- Location: Strong Stadium, Beloit, Wis.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Hannah Weide (New Berlin, Wis./Wisconsin Lutheran) ran a personal-best 5,000-meter time of 19:36.74 on Thursday at the Hillsdale Gina Relays. Following closely behind was Cassie Balts (Barron, Wis./Barron) finishing in 19:51.05, Madison Mihaljevic (West Allis, Wis./Nathan Hale) in 19:52.78, and Anna Curtis (Palmetto, Ga./Homeschool) in 20:07.63. The latter three also achieved season-best times in the 98-runner field.
- The Warriors 4x800-meter relay took home a first-place finish with a school-record time of 9:58.74.
- Sami Huebner (Sun Prairie, Wis./Lakeside Lutheran) sprinted to a second-place finish in both the 200 meters in a season-best time of 26.49 seconds and the 100-meter hurdles in 16.05 seconds. Huebner also leaped to a sixth-place finish in the long jump with a distance of 4.75 meters.
- Hannah Moffenbier (Watertown, S.D./Great Plains Lutheran) placed third in the 400-meter hurdles in 1:17.44.
- Becca Heller (South Milwaukee, Wis./South Milwaukee) was also third in the 400-meter dash with a time of 1:05.56.
- Jessica Stumpner (Crystal Lake, Ill./Crystal Lake South) ran a 2:29.79 in the 800 meters, good for a third place finish. Bethany Wagenknecht (Yorba Linda, Calif./Esperanza) and Megan Kuether (New Berlin, Wis./Wisconsin Lutheran) placed seventh (2:41.53) and eighth (2:42.73) in the 800 meters, respectively. Wagenknecht's time was good for a season-best.
- Siobhan Heiss (Beloit, Wis./Paramount Christian) finished third in the 5,000 meters with a time of 21:13.86 and placed sixth in the 1,500 meters in a personal-best time of 5:17.57.
- Erika Shaw (Lafayette, Ind./Harrison), Kristina Schuette (Manitowoc, Wis./Lutheran), and Jessica Zastrow (Milwaukee, Wis./Wisconsin Lutheran) competed in the 5,000 meters finishing fourth (21:18.63), sixth (22:18.21), and seventh (25:43.22), respectively, with season-best times.
- Balts finished behind Heiss in the 1,500 meters for seventh with a personal-best time of 5:17.70.
- The Warriors will compete next Friday and Saturday in the NACC Outdoor Championships at the Village of Lisle-Benedictine Sports Complex in Lisle, Ill.