MILWAUKEE (WLCSports.com) - The Wisconsin Lutheran College women's tennis team dropped its Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference opener Saturday morning to cross-town foe MSOE, 6-3, at McKinley Park Tennis Courts.
- Final Score: MSOE 6, Wisconsin Lutheran 3
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (1-3, 0-1 NACC), MSOE (2-0, 1-0 NACC)
- Location: McKinley Park Tennis Courts, Milwaukee, Wis.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Raiders took control of the match early, winning all three doubles matches by close scores of 8-5, 8-4, and 8-4, respectively.
- After dropping the first two matches of singles play, Emily Boyd (Lebanon, Wis.) got the Warriors in the winning column with a 7-5, 6-1 victory at No. 3.
- Reebee Ratkowski (Waterford, Wis.) won her fourth consecutive match to start the season with a 6-4, 6-4 triumph at No. 5 singles, and Amanda Las (Bangor, Wis.) won at No. 6 in convincing fashion, 6-2, 6-2.
- WLC dropped its matches at No. 1 and No. 4 singles in heartbreaking three-set fashion.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Ratkowski remains undefeated on the season at 4-0.
- The Raiders won for the third straight time over the Warriors.
- The Warriors open a busy four-match conference week Tuesday afternoon at 4:00 p.m. at Quann Park in Madison against Edgewood (5-4, 4-0 NACC). The Eagles are coming off a pair of 9-0 victories Saturday afternoon against Dominican and Aurora on the road.