MILWAUKEE (WLCSports.com) - The Wisconsin Lutheran College women's soccer team fell to non-conference opponent Ripon Wednesday night by a final score of 3-0 at Warriors Soccer Field. The two teams played scoreless soccer until Ripon's Brianna Schnell found the back of the net with just one second remaining in the first half. The Red Hawks added two insurance goals in the second half to seal the victory.
- Final Score: Ripon 3, Wisconsin Lutheran 0
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (1-4-0), Ripon (5-0-0)
- Location: Warriors Soccer Field, Milwaukee, Wis.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The two teams battled for nearly 45 minutes of scoreless play until Schnell scored with one tick left on the clock in the first half.
- The Red Hawks scored just one minute into the second half to double their lead.
- Mady Hirsch (Jefferson, Wis.) had a shot in the 59' that nearly found the back of the net, but was saved by the Ripon keeper.
- A goal in the 65' pushed the lead to 3-0 and secured the victory for the Red Hawks.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Hirsch and Olivia Scheiber (Watertown, Wis.) recorded the lone shots on goal for the Warriors.
- Goalkeeper Hailey Krause (Wawautosa, Wis.) tallied six saves in the contest.
- Five different Warriors registered shots.
FOR THE FOES
- The Red Hawks out-shot the Warriors by a tally of 17-7
- Miye Aoki-Kramer saved both Warriors shots on goal.
- Six different Ripon players recorded a shot on goal.
- The win was the third straight for the Red Hawks over the Warriors.
- The Warriors next travel to Illinois to face Lake Forest (1-4-0) Friday afternoon. The Foresters last defeated North Park Tuesday, earning their first win of the season. Kickoff is scheduled for 4:30 p.m. Live stats and video will be available at WLCSports.com.