BRISTOL, Wis. (WLCSports.com) – The Wisconsin Lutheran College women's golf team opened its 2017 fall campaign with a 17th-place finish at the Carthage Shootout on the Border. The Warriors were led by senior Ellyn Mortell (Eden Prairie, Minn.) who finished tied for 13th place, shooting 23 over par for the tournament.
- Event: Carthage Shootout on the Border
- Location: Bristol Oaks Golf Club, Bristol, Wis.
- Course Info: Par 72, 5,835 yards
- WLC Team: 17th of 17 (+317)
- Top WLC Individual: Ellyn Mortell (+23), T-13th of 103
INSIDE THE SCORECARD
- Mortell paced the Warriors with rounds of 81 and 86 to finish with a two-day total score of 167.
- Caroline Kuether (Crete, Ill.) shot rounds of 122 and 115 to finish with a final tally of 237 (+93).
- Alyssa Leitzke (Jackson, Wis.) made her collegiate debut, firing rounds of 131 and 125 for a 256 (+112).
- Sydney Osborn (Pardeeville, Wis.) shot consecutive rounds of 130 for a 260 (+116).
- Brianna LeFebre (Oconto Falls, Wis.) shot a 104 in the first round and did not compete on the second day of play.
- T-13. Ellyn Mortell, 167 (+23)
- 99. Caroline Kuether, 237 (+93)
- 101. Alyssa Leitzke, 256 (+112)
- 102. Sydney Osborn, 260 (+116)
- WD. Brianna LeFebre
FOR THE FOES
- UW-Whitewater topped the tournament field with a two-day team total of 649 to win the title by 11 strokes over runner-up Hope.
- UWW's Ashley Hofmeister carded a 159 (81-78) to earn medalist honors in the crowded field of 103 players.
- The Warriors will compete next Saturday at the WLC Triangular at Washington County Golf Course in Hartford and again Sunday at the Alverno Triangular at Greenfield Golf Course in Milwaukee.