GREEN BAY, Wis. (WLCSports.com) – Jacob Jodat (Pewaukee, Wis.) set a new course record by topping the 114-runner field in a time of 20:16.1 to lead the Wisconsin Lutheran College men's cross country team to a fourth-place finish out of 12 scoring teams at the season-opening Tom Barry Invitational Saturday morning at Colburn Park in Green Bay.
- Event: Tom Barry Invitational
- Location: Colburn Park, Green Bay, Wis.
- WLC Team: 4th of 12, 112 Points
- Top WLC Individual: Jacob Jodat, 1st of 114, 20:16.1
WARRIORS TOP FIVE PERFORMERS
- Jodat led the Warriors with a first-place finish and a personal-best 4-mile time of 20:16.1. After winning the event in 2015, Jodat becomes just the seventh male runner to win invitational at least twice in the 43-year history of the event.
- Daniel Bronner (Hartland, Wis.) placed 21st in his first collegiate race with a time of 22:07.9.
- Javier Cano-Telles (Milwaukee, Wis.) completed the course in a time of 22:25.8.
- Jordan Donart (De Pere, Wis.) ran a time of 22:37.7 good for a 31st-place finish.
- Chris Krahn (De Pere, Wis.) rounded out the Warriors' leaders shortly behind Donart in a time of 22:48.8 in her first collegiate race.
OTHER TOP PERFORMERS
- Lake Forest won the 12-scoring team title for the second straight year with 49 points, besting host St. Norbert's 76 points. The Foresters placed five runners inside the top 20 to capture the title.
- WLC returns to action Saturday, September 16 for the Tom Hoffman Invitational hosted by UW-Whitewater. The 8K race is scheduled to start at 11:45 a.m.