MILWAUKEE (WLCSports.com) – The Wisconsin Lutheran College men's soccer team overcame a 2-1 halftime deficit with three second-half goals Sunday afternoon to take a 4-2 victory over Beloit at Warriors Soccer Field. Isaiah Gronholz (Watertown, Wis.) and Ryan White (East Troy, Wis.) each had a pair of goals to lead the Warriors.
- Final Score: Wisconsin Lutheran 4, Beloit 2
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (1-0-1), Beloit (0-2-0)
- Location: Warriors Soccer Field, Milwaukee, Wis.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Gronholz scored WLC's first goal of the season in the 14' minute when he capitalized on a penalty kick to put the Warriors up 1-0 early on in the contest.
- The Buccaneers did not trail for long as Jose Gutierrez connected on a penalty kick of his own in the 16' minute to knot the score at 1-1.
- Freddy Widmer put the Bucs on top in the 33' minute after a Warriors' defender and goalkeeper collided in the box, leaving an empty net.
- The shot count was even at 9-9, but BC held the 2-1 advantage going into the locker room at halftime.
- Gronholz connected on his second PK of the game in the 76' minute to even the score at 2-2.
- White scored his first goal of the season and put the hosts on top in the 79' minute when he headed in a long throw-in from Gronholz.
- White struck again just 42 seconds later as he headed in another goal after a long cross to the back post from Gronholz.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- The Warriors out-shot the Buccaneers 21-14, with seven shots on goal apiece.
- Gronholz paced the offensive attack with two goals and two assists.
- White led the team with six shots and two goals.
- Erek Lehnen (Fort Myers, Fla.) recorded five saves in 90 minutes in net for WLC.
- Wisconsin Lutheran won for the third straight time against Beloit.
FOR THE FOES
- Gutierrez led BC with four shots, three of which were on goal.
- Alex Lyon made three saves in net for Beloit.
- The Warriors travel to Waukesha Wednesday night for a non-conference match against Carroll (0-2-0) at 7:00 p.m. at Schneider Stadium. The Pioneers lost a pair of decisions over the weekend on an east coast trip to Washington, D.C. Links to live stats and video will be available for the contest at WLCSports.com.