WHITEWATER, Wis. (WLCSports.com) - UW-Whitewater, which has made back-to-back appearances in the NCAA Tournament, broke open a one-score match by scoring three times within a 10-minute span of the second half to defeat the Wisconsin Lutheran College men's soccer team 4-0 on a cold and misty Friday night at Fiskum Field.
- Final Score: UW-Whitewater 4, Wisconsin Lutheran 0
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (6-4-2), UW-Whitewater (6-2-2)
- Location: Fiskum Field, Whitewater, Wis. | Attendance: 208
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Whitewater grabbed a quick 1-0 lead in the 10' on Jordan Kayser's second goal for the season. The Warriors defense stiffered the rest of the half as they score remained 1-0 until halftime.
- The Warhawks added their second goal 22 minutes into the second period on an Alex Whiteman goal.
- UWW then added two more tallies to its total in the 72' and 75' for the 4-0 final result.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- Teon Fountain (Madison, Wis./Memorial) and Chase Maxwell (Green Bay, Wis./Fox Valley Lutheran) tallied two shots each for the Warriors, who finished with eight for the match.
- Erek Lehnen (Fort Myers, Fla./Southwest Florida Christian) made six saves, all in the first half for WLC.
- Despite allowing three scores in the second half, the Warriors were narrowly out-shot 8-6. Wisconsin Lutheran was awarded four corner kicks, compared to five for the Warhawks.
- Justin Stanko led the Warhawks, who finished with 22 shots for the match, with four shots.
- UWW, which has won all six meetings against the Warriors, won its third straight game and five of its last six.
- The Warriors have a quick turnaround when they play another non-conference match tomorrow afternoon at Maranatha (2-7-0). Kickoff is scheduled for 3:30 p.m. The Sabercats last lost to Moody Bible, 1-0, on Thursday. Live video will be available for the contest at WLCSports.com.