Support Wisconsin Lutheran College Athletics by becoming a member of the Warrior Club. Your Warrior Club membership provides support for over 300 student-athletes (33% of WLC’s student body) who participate in 18 NCAA Division III varsity sports, cheerleading and dance. Your donation assists WLC with the costs associated with:
- Unfunded team travel expenses (Warriors student-athletes have traveled from New York to California and even abroad, competing for and representing WLC).
- Live game webcasts for football and basketball.
- A cutting-edge athletics website, wlcsports.com.
- Up-to-the-second game stats and play-by-play on your computer.
- Special athletics projects like the Warrior 5k ... Through the Park, Gary's Gallop and the activities hosted by the Student-Athlete Advisory Committee.
Building the Future
Donations like your Warrior Club membership assist the coaches and staff in providing the resources needed to compete at the highest level of NCAA Division III athletics.
- The WLC Recreation Complex (REX) is a 92,000 square-foot facility that includes three basketball/volleyball courts, fitness center, weight training room, dance/aerobics workout room, indoor running track, 2,500-seat field house, team and class meeting rooms, athletic training facilities and seven locker rooms.
- The 26-acre Krauss-Miller-Lutz outdoor athletic complex consists of a football stadium, two soccer fields, track & field facilities and diamonds for baseball and softball.
Benefits come as an amazing deal at $50 for individuals, $75 for families and $2,500 for a lifetime membership. You can't pass up this offer!
- Free admission (regularly $5 for adults, $3 for children) to all home athletics contests.
- Courtside seating in the REX for all home basketball games.
- Warrior Insider newsletters.
- A 10% discount off all items purchased through Warrior Wearables at home athletics events.
- Discounts on youth sports camps.
- Recognition on the Warrior Club display wall in the REX (permanent name recognition for lifetime members).
The Warrior Challenge
Wisconsin Lutheran College is continuing fundraising efforts to complete its outdoor athletic complex. Future plans include locker rooms, training and workout facilities, practice fields, tennis courts and a domed indoor practice facility to be built at Warrior Fields. Additionally, home bleachers and press box for the football field and scoreboards, lights, dugouts, permanent bleachers and a press box for both the softball and baseball diamonds will be erected as funds are donated.
2011-2012 Athletics Highlights
- Senior Katie Schommer won her second straight NAC Women’s Cross Country Runner of the Year award. Sarah Frelich was named the Northern Athletics Conference Freshman of the Year.
- The Warriors football team finished 2011 with their second consecutive winning season by tying a program-best 6-4 record. The Warriors also recorded a 5-2 conference mark for their best conference record in program history.
- The Warriors women’s basketball team (24-5, 17-1 NAC) advanced to the NCAA Tournament for the second season in a row after winning their second straight Northern Athletics Conference Tournament championship and fourth straight NAC division title. Katelyn Kuehl was named the Northern Athletics Conference Freshman of the Year. Senior Rachel Johnson was named to the D3hoops.com All-Central Region Third Team.
- Jake Gaudynski was named the Northern Athletics Conference Men’s Golf Freshman of the Year.
- Lee Johnson was named the Northern Athletics Conference Men’s Tennis Freshman of the Year.
- The Warriors women’s tennis team advanced to the NCAA Tournament for the first time in school history after winning their third conference title. The Warriors finished 10-1 in NAC matches during the regular season. Junior Kaitlyn Strehlow was named the Northern Athletics Conference Player of the Year.
- Travis Turnquist was named the Northern Athletics Conference Men’s Track & Field Indoor and Outdoor Freshman of the Meet. Turnquist was also the second-fastest freshman in the 400-meter dash in NCAA Division III.
- Zakkiyya Jones and Amanda Markham were named Northern Athletics Conference Women’s Track & Field Co-Freshman of the Meet at the Outdoor Championships.
- Forty student-athletes received All-Northern Athletics Conference honors in 2011-2012.
- One hundred twelve Warriors student-athletes were named Northern Athletics Conference Scholar-Athletes in 2011-2012, the most since joining the NAC in 2006-2007.
Investing In Champions
"When it came time for me to find a college, I knew I wanted to attend one where I could continue my Christian education and have the support of the college community. WLC was a perfect match. Attending WLC I get to use my God given talents by earning my degree and playing football. I have had so much support from my family, friends, and school to help me become a Christian leader on and off the football field. Thanks to the Warrior Club I can continue to play football and become part of a solid group of Christian athletes. Without the Warrior Club the athletic programs would not have the same rate of success as they do now. It is a true blessing to be part of this family and thanks to the people of the Warrior Club I will be able to make the most of my time here." – Eric Zeitler, Warriors football student-athlete
"Being a part of Wisconsin Lutheran College Athletics has been an incredible blessing. For the past three years, the Warrior Club has given me many opportunities and experiences that are unforgettable. I have created lifelong bonds and friendships with coaches, teammates, and friends by being involved with the WLC family. As a student-athlete, I have learned how to be a stronger leader, athlete, and most importantly, Christian. The Warrior Club has formed an amazing support system which helps with the success of our program. The women’s basketball team appreciates everything the Warrior Club has done for them and continues to do. I thank God for all of the blessings WLC is able to provide for all of the student-athletes." – Alyssa Allister, Warriors women’s basketball student-athlete
Be The Difference
"We have seen the opportunities that WLC offers to all of its students including the chance to play NCAA Division III sports. We are blessed to be able to help the students as they develop the discipline, camaraderie and teamwork that goes into and comes out of being part of a team. While we can't make most of the games, we enjoy listening to the webcasts at home. It's like we are right there either on the field or courtside." – Dave and Kari Kellen, parents
"As a former student-athlete, I know how rewarding it is to be a part of college athletics. My donation for a lifetime Warrior Club membership allows me to show my support for WLC Athletics. I enjoy the benefits of membership like free admission to games, sitting courtside at basketball contests, reading the Warrior Insider newsletters and purchasing Warrior Wearables at a discount." – Renee Kietzmann '92